Humminbird Helix5 Si on trolling motor

Started by FishMarauderGuideService, March 13, 2017, 01:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishMarauderGuideService

Does anyone run side imaging on their trolling motor? I just bought a humminbird Helix5 Si and was planning on mounting it on my trolling motor, but I am getting mixed reviews on side imaging on the front of the boat. Anyone have any input on this before I install..... Please Help! thanks  ~b~

gatorglenn

I personally don't like it for the Mirfak that you always have to know which way you're trolling motor is pointed you can find yourself casting to what you think is out to the side of your boat and IN reality it's probably in front of your boat instead out to the side because you're trolling motor might be turned you can get used to it to some extent I just don't care for it but I do know people that love it soso I would say try it and see how it is for you good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

Pondprowlers

to each their own. You can do whatever fits your needs.

Its really not needed from what ive read others talk about. As stated it can work but youll need to know which way its facing. Some call it a "poor mans 360" since you can turn the motor to turn the ducer.

Most use SI only at the console cause thats is usually the time when you are side scanning, while idling around looking. Not so much at the bow. bow should get DI tho.

Oldfart9999

I want it at the bow also, that's where I spend the most time, where I live so to speak. You get used to it  and learn to read it at the bow. I miss having it there but it doesn't work well on electric steer motors, I need to find a way to hook it up, specially for DI.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.