Adding Livewell Pump-out

Started by Princeton_Man, March 13, 2017, 12:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princeton_Man

After giving it some thought, I've decided to add the pump-out feature to my livewells. It looks simple enough.

I'll let everyone know.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Interesting, let us know how it is to install and how well it works.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 13, 2017, 01:05:54 PM
Interesting, let us know how it is to install and how well it works.
Rodney

Will do Rodney!

I'll do my best to document with pics. That's tough for me because when I get started it's hard for me to put down the tools to reach for the camera. I'm afraid I might forget where I left off.  ~roflmao

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Well... not off to a good start. Looks like I'm going to return these and install remote control valves. My live well recirculation/aeration line enter from the top.

I could drill new holes but I think not. 

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Oldfart9999

Too bad, it looks like a good idea. Thanks for the pics!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

Yup, These things only cost about $25 each, the dang RC pump-out valves are $30 each and still have buy the thru-hull ports, cables, and actuators. All together about $120. :(

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ʇuǝɹq™

I went to Lowes and bought a 3/4 inch piece of clear hose, and put it on spicket that fills the livewell. Then I put the selector into recirc, turn on the pump, and it pumps the water into my weigh bag.

Trap2016

Another thing to think about is putting a screen on it so you won't stop it up, with the bass's upchuck my regular drain plugs up with it now, thinking about making it a size bigger.
Marshall

Princeton_Man

Quote from: ʇuǝɹq™ on March 17, 2017, 09:39:37 AM
I went to Lowes and bought a 3/4 inch piece of clear hose, and put it on spicket that fills the livewell. Then I put the selector into recirc, turn on the pump, and it pumps the water into my weigh bag.

That is a great idea! (you should put that in the Tips board). It won't work for me.... My recirc valves enters the livewells in such a way that makes it almost impossible to without removing the lid.

Quote from: Trap2016 on March 17, 2017, 12:14:42 PM
Another thing to think about is putting a screen on it so you won't stop it up, with the bass's upchuck my regular drain plugs up with it now, thinking about making it a size bigger.

Yup, all of my intakes and drains have screens.

Called Flow-Rite today for a return authorization. They were very helpful. Everything including the actuators, cables, valves, and through hull port is going to run $130. Before I box them up, I'm going to study it a little more this weekend. As much as I don't want to, it would be $80 cheaper to cut a new holes and put rubber plugs in the old ones.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

ʇuǝɹq™

Quote from: Princeton_Man on March 17, 2017, 01:01:37 PM
That is a great idea! (you should put that in the Tips board). It won't work for me.... My recirc valves enters the livewells in such a way that makes it almost impossible to without removing the lid.

I'll do that, and I'll post some pictures with it.