Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am personally getting tired of spammers! We will be aggressively blocking IP addresses  from here on out. If you find yourself  blocked call 318-347-7380 and we will work to correct the issue. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

X Zone Lures

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reel Chronicles...  (Read 9171 times)

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
Re: Reel Chronicles...
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2018, 04:53:58 AM »

I have a reel with a mismatched side plate, when I palm it the side plate can't be seen and when not in use it's covered, nobody sees the little freak and it works so I don't really mind! lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

• Ultimate Basser
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2018, 06:55:12 AM »

I dont see the problem....

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2018, 08:13:37 AM »

Frankenreel!
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2018, 09:08:00 AM »

Paint is always an option too.
The stuff I used on my Caenan is just now started to look a bit rough, but I didn't let it fully cure and I've put that reel through hell. It's been loaned, dropped, thrown in the lake, has had things dropped on it, and spends a lot of time rattling around in my trunk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »

Paint is always an option too.
The stuff I used on my Caenan is just now started to look a bit rough, but I didn't let it fully cure and I've put that reel through hell. It's been loaned, dropped, thrown in the lake, has had things dropped on it, and spends a lot of time rattling around in my trunk.

You may want to think about armour plating for it.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteelHorseCowboy

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »

You may want to think about armour plating for it.
Rodney
Nah, that'd cost more than the reel. It's one of the pawn shop reels. Still great, although one of the arms is now broken off of the star drag.

aclawrence

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »

My pawn shop Caenan was missing the spring for the drag clicker when I bought it, so I just tossed the tiny pawl.
LMG's right, it makes no difference in operation, just removes the audible and tactile feedback when you adjust the drag.

Also, Lawrence, what kind of line are you trying to spool it with, and have you tightened the drag down? We've had anglers here on this forum with years of experience who have thought they'd broken their reels after mistakenly trying to spool braided line and forgetting to use a backing, AND after trying to spool their reels with the drag backed off almost completely.
These are understandable mistakes and can happen to anyone.

It was just mono. Iíve sent the reel off to Mike and he mentioned something about some parts being put together wrong.  Itís already on the way back to me. Hopefully Iíll be reeling in bass with it in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloridaFishinFool

• Lunker
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2018, 03:48:33 PM »

I'm sure that reel will be as good as new when you get it back!

I just finished this curado BSF frankenreel. The customer said go with the side plate we have so the reel was complete disassembled and rebuilt and is now like new. It has worked well for more than 25 years and he can probably get another 25 out of it!

And guys, be careful putting your spools into your reels if you have old style centrifugal brakes! I had to tell a customer the bad news his reel is now junk because he ruined the centrifugal brake pins by shoving the spool into the reel housing without retracting the brake shoes so he bent every pin down towards the spool binding up the brake shoes and he wondered why it does not free spin any longer...

In TB we have a true gentleman and heroic defender of Florida's guarded and protected natural resources and welcome among the fraternal bonds of native sons.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 25 queries.