Murica

Started by LgMouthGambler, March 19, 2017, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

Beautiful bird... do you know why it's caged?

Most often they are wounded.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

It was at the Zoo we went to today. There were 2 of them. Apparently the female just laid eggs a few weeks ago.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Mike Cork

It takes a federal permit to have them and usually they are injured. Very cool that they have a breeding pair. That is pretty unusual as I've read they are life long mates.

Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 20, 2017, 08:20:29 AM
It takes a federal permit to have them and usually they are injured. Very cool that they have a breeding pair. That is pretty unusual as I've read they are life long mates.
And it's against the law to have one of their feathers unless your a Native American who use them in their religious ceremonies.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

We have a raptor rescue center here, they even have a Golden Eagle from Alaska, a permanent resident, 2 or 3 Bald Eagles Red Tails, an Osprey and several other species. It's a really cool place to visit.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

steve76

We are very fortunate that we have quite a few that nest in the tree's here on Truman lake. They are very beautiful birds.

Donald Garner

Eagles are cool looking birds.  There's a Rehab center on Ft. Richardson in Alaska that has several Bald Eagles.  I had the opportunity to see a couple up close and I mean just a couple feet away from them.  The adult birds have a huge wing span.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

cojab

They are cool birds. No wonder they're the symbol of our nation! ~flag
TTK has spoken.

Mike Cork

We are lucky enough to have quite a few here. Love watching them and osprey fish! Frustrating sometimes when I can't catch one and they just pluck them out of the water.

We have a small zoo just 1.5 miles down the road and the have one with a damaged wing that will never fly again. We used to take it fish and they would let us get up close and personal. Truly amazing and powerful birds.

Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

I was driving back from a retreat in the Southern Tier, moving along RT. 17, a 4 lane road when I saw some cars up ahead moving very slowly, it was a mature Eagle on the side of the highway with a roadkill, as I came up on it decided to take off, maybe 30 feet from me, it was an awesome site!! They have made a great comeback here and it's good to see!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.