If There's a Rock & Roll Heaven

Started by Smallie_Stalker, March 19, 2017, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

You know they got one hell of a band. 

That's the words to a song I've been thinking about a lot the past year as we have lost so many great musicians from many different styles of music.

And now that Heavenly band is rocking harder. Chuck Berry, one of the pioneers of rock & roll music passed away yesterday at the good old age of 90.

As a guitar player I can say he had an impact on me. Just about every guitar player I ever met knows at least the opening riff to Johnny B. Goode, if not the entire song.

RIP Chuck Berry.  You have earned it.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Oldfart9999

RIP to the music of my youth.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

twocold

LgMouthGambler

Hopefully he found Carol. Love that man's music.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Champriderz

I must have been in junior high or maybe a freshman when I first heard "Johnny B Good".  A great guitar player and maybe an even greater performer, he could sure put on a show.  Too many of the great ones from my youth going or already gone but they changed the musical taste of a whole generation and set the stage for what has followed since then.

cojab

Chuck Berry was one of the greats. RIP.

Heard a story on the radio about him today.
A guy was asking Jerry Lee Lewis about a fight he had heard he and Chuck Berry got into. He asked what it was about. Jerry Lee said they were fighting over who was the king of rock and roll. The guy asked Jerry Lee who won. Jerry Lee replied, Chuck Berry's the king of rock and roll!
TTK has spoken.