MM41 Alligator Alley

Started by Capt. BassinLou, March 19, 2017, 09:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 20, 2017, 01:45:31 PM
And then thats when I come in for the kill.

Go kill some of those Oscars! lol they are annoying.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Canesfan

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 20, 2017, 12:01:05 PM
I thought it was a good suggestion.
I think either method has it's pros and cons. Either way if the water keeps dropping the only way to get out to 41 would be your way. Those weirs are awfully low already. Don't think a fiberglass boat going through there would be a good idea. You'd need an aluminum with a very shallow draft.

Thanks, Rick. I've only accessed 41 from the ramp and not by boating out to it. Lots of big ones way out by the buoys on either side of the Alley. My friend Chuck lost an 8-9 lber at the boat once and we went back to the same area 3 or 3 times hoping it would bite again but no such luck.

I caught this one out there last year on a UVibe worm.

SFL BassHunter

That's one nice fish! The big ones are out there, that's for sure.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

FlatsNBay

Hey Lou, fill us in on your frog color selection. I see that white has been your go to color this year. Are you having better success with white? Are you only throwing it on bright days or have  you found it working during low light conditions as well?

Donald Garner

Lou,  Congrats on the catching and thanks for sharing the pictures with us also  ~c~
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on March 20, 2017, 05:57:49 PM
Hey Lou, fill us in on your frog color selection. I see that white has been your go to color this year. Are you having better success with white? Are you only throwing it on bright days or have  you found it working during low light conditions as well?

Ever since I fished Istopoga last year with a good buddy of mine, my frog color has changed to white 99% of the time. I was a skeptic for a long while, but during the 2 days I was with my buddy who's a very avid frog fisherman himself, we discussed color in long detail. By the end of the trip I was sold on the concept and have been throwing white ever since. It has not let me down. FLATS, I throw white in all conditions any time of the day. Those who have fished with me can attest to that. 

The frog color test is approaching really soon however. LMG and I are scheduled for our first night bass fishing trip out in the Glades in April. I'm going to throw the frog of course, and I'm going to experiment and see how white plays out at night. Should be fun and exciting to see what happens.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on March 20, 2017, 07:22:31 PM
Lou,  Congrats on the catching and thanks for sharing the pictures with us also  ~c~

Thanks Donald.  ~beer~

rchiuz

Great report, figures Lou would tear it up on the frog. Glad you guys had fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the worst thing about being a bank fisher? Always having to watch out for dog poop LOL

SFL BassHunter

So I watched this video featuring Ott Defoe and how he keeps his frogs nice and fresh. He uses baby powder on them and in the plano box.
Lou may, or may not lace his HB frogs with a similar white powder, that may or may not help him catch more fish.   :shocking:
Florida Bass Fishing

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on March 22, 2017, 09:50:36 AM
So I watched this video featuring Ott Defoe and how he keeps his frogs nice and fresh. He uses baby powder on them and in the plano box.
Lou may, or may not lace his HB frogs with a similar white powder, that may or may not help him catch more fish.   :shocking:
Lol!!.. smh

West6550

Yea I swabed one to test this on the big O but somehow the swab disappeared...

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: West6550 on March 22, 2017, 10:09:01 AM

b~o
He had his scuba diving minions come up and snatch it while you weren't looking.
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Now that got me rolling!  ~roflmao
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: West6550 on March 22, 2017, 10:09:01 AM
Oh... that swab... yeah.. ;)