New Method of Hacking Phones and Tablets of People Who Travel

Started by Smallie_Stalker, March 20, 2017, 05:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

The thieves keep getting smarter. I read this article earlier and thought it might be of interest to any members who travel by any method other than their own vehicle.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prevent-juice-jacking-public-charging-station/

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

I would never plug into one of them charging port with a cable other then my own.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

rockchalk06

I never use anyone's charging port except my own and works. I keep the 20K and 15K charger bricks loaded for my devices when we travel. Not only does it keep anyone from doing above, it also prevents any over charging or power bumps from affecting my devices.

flowerjohn

I will add some extra tips that I have learned the hard way just this morning after discovering that someone hacked my whole account and bought 19 iPhones. I got a bill for just over 11,000 dollars. After cleaning my underpants out I called my carrier and yes it was a fraud. Their advice:
1. Call your carrier and have a four digit passcode added to your account that you will need to recite to them whenever you call them.
2. Remove all banking apps and credit card numbers from your phone.
3.  Remove your birthday from Facebook.

This message sent via the FC network.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: rockchalk06 on March 21, 2017, 09:26:24 AM
I never use anyone's charging port except my own and works. I keep the 20K and 15K charger bricks loaded for my devices when we travel. Not only does it keep anyone from doing above, it also prevents any over charging or power bumps from affecting my devices.

Quote from: flowerjohn on March 21, 2017, 12:25:35 PM
I will add some extra tips that I have learned the hard way just this morning after discovering that someone hacked my whole account and bought 19 iPhones. I got a bill for just over 11,000 dollars. After cleaning my underpants out I called my carrier and yes it was a fraud. Their advice:
1. Call your carrier and have a four digit passcode added to your account that you will need to recite to them whenever you call them.
2. Remove all banking apps and credit card numbers from your phone.
3.  Remove your birthday from Facebook.

This message sent via the FC network.

All great advice.  ~c~

John, I don't think Facebook let's you remove your birthday anymore. I tried it recently and the best I could do was restrict it to who could view it which, when it comes to Facebook doesn't amount to much.  ~xyz
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire