ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | BASS TACKLE REVIEWS | BASS FISHING LINKS | CONTACT US     Follow @UltimateBass Like Us on Facebook

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many of you have gotten uncomfortable lately?  (Read 147 times)

Bassinlou

• Mr. Frogger
How many of you have gotten uncomfortable lately?
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:11:13 PM »

Let me clarify a little further on what I mean. How many of you have taken steps to try and adopted utilizing new techniques or baits to increase your skill set as a bank fishing angler?

Since I posed the question, I will use myself as an example. I fish soft plastics often when I bank fish, however you tell me to REALLY slow it down and fish it SLOWLY and I start becoming REALLY uncomfortable. Fishing slow to me is like watching paint dry while someone is running their nails down a chalk board. However... over I time I have learned that slowing down in given situations has its advantages and has yielded me nice fish where I wouldn't have caught them otherwise with other faster techniques I employ.

So with that being said, when was the last time you got uncomfortable?

Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

cport

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: How many of you have gotten uncomfortable lately?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:14:23 PM »

Throwing a chatterbait in a small pond. It feels like I am spooking all the fish, even though I know better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

cortman

• Charter Member
  • Obsessive Fisherman
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »

Throwing an a-rig. Sounds like a fat man belly flopping when it hits the water. Haven't gotten anything on it yet but I'm still trying!

zippyduck

• Charter Member
  • Daiwa, LSCR, Dobyns, Nutech, Keitech, Yamamoto
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:51:26 PM »

Throwing big swimbaits, the kasploosh in annoying, like throwing a brick in the water. And the slow retrieve takes an eternity, only to get one bite.

I'd rather drag a C-rig.
If you need me I'm outdoors.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »

So I don't think there is a "technique" I feel uncomfortable with when bank fishing.
I can fish as slow as molasses or as fast as LMG. Speed isn't an issue either.

But I do get uncomfortable fishing deep water. Because most of my fishing is done shallow if I go to a lake or pond that has some deeper waters I tend to question the technique I am using. I become impatient and tend to change techniques constantly to figure out a bite. Fishing deep means there are no targets to cast to on a visual level.
This is so that I can remember! Personal Bests: Weight 6.04lbs / Length 22.75 inches.

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:21:20 PM »

I got drunk and woke up in a Wal-Mart parking lot naked. I was pretty uncomfortable.

But seriously, anything that is waaaay slow, and I'm bored. If I'm bored I'm uncomfortable. I was flipping a worm one day. I was trying to fish it slow back to the boat. Then I was just getting pissed off. So I had to flip, bounce, and reel back quick to make the next flip. Funny thing is, I started catching fish like that. Lol.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

The #1 Bass Boat on the Market Today - Ride With a Legend

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 23 queries.