Best way to clean the carpet deck of a Tracker 175TXW

Started by lacofdfireman, March 22, 2017, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lacofdfireman

In the process of buying a 2012 Tracker 175TXW and the previous owner was a cat owner.  I'm allergic to cats so I'm going to need to do a thorough scrub of the deck of this boat.  The cat must have slept in the garage on the deck of the boat.  There is fur balls all over the place.  I'm a clean freak and this won't work for me but the deal was so good that even if I had to recover the entire deck I'd be money ahead.  The previous owner of this boat passed away and the boat has literally been on the water maybe 3 times.  It's super clean minus the cat hair on the carpet.   

So what's the best cleaning process for one of these type of boats?  Never owned one so I'm asking the masses.  I figured I'd obviously start with a real good vacuum of the deck.  Then I was thinking of literally scrubbing the carpet with some soap and water.  Will that work?   Anything I need to be careful of getting water on the deck etc?   Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks.   Here are a few pics of the Boat

You can actually see some of the cat fur balls in the last pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald Garner

Good ole fashion scrubbing  ~sweat ~sweat  Below is an article about Boat Care 101: Simple Do-It-Yourself Carpet Cleaning.

Cleaning Boat Carpets

Good luck getting it clean.  BTW that's a really nice looking boat there.

Don
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

hughesjasonk

Just go over it with a carpet shampoo'er all of that hair will come up. 99% of the time it's the dander that people are really allergic to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cojab

TTK has spoken.

lacofdfireman

So another dumb question.  Do you wax an aluminum boat?   And if so with what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

Yes, there are many products, Bass Pro has them, there's Pro Tec and others, just be sure it's for aluminum hulls, pontoon cleaner and wax will work also. If you get this boat we want, nay we need pics of the boat and how you get her shipshape.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

hughesjasonk

Quote from: lacofdfireman on March 22, 2017, 11:32:50 PM
So another dumb question.  Do you wax an aluminum boat?   And if so with what?

So that aluminum boat that you showed in the picture isn't completely aluminum it is clear coated all the way around. You can wax it all day no problems even if it was aluminum. The better you take care of your boat the more it's going to take care of you. that is a good looking boat hopefully you get it.

Lipripper

That's a sharp looking boat and my friend has a 2014 tracker that looks a lot like that one . I will have to get some pictures of it when I go down there the first of May. He waxes his all the time just like he does his Harley  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

lacofdfireman

So just regular car wax?  Nothing special?

cojab

I think you would be safe with regular car wax.
The pics look like you have a bimini on that boat. When you get it let me know how you like it or of it gets in the way. Thinking of one for mine.
The sun gets brutal when your a mile closer to it!   ~sun
TTK has spoken.

hughesjasonk

Quote from: lacofdfireman on March 23, 2017, 11:25:01 AM
So just regular car wax?  Nothing special?

You can. Or get the special boat stuff. There isn't any real difference.

Oldfart9999

Most car waxes are a cleaner wax, they have a bit of fine, very fine grit. If you clean the boat just plain boat wax will work well.
Now, where are all those pics? :)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

lacofdfireman

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 24, 2017, 07:19:38 AM
Most car waxes are a cleaner wax, they have a bit of fine, very fine grit. If you clean the boat just plain boat wax will work well.
Now, where are all those pics? :)
Rodney
I'm still stuck at work.  Can't pic it up until Monday night.   But I'll be sure to post pics you can bet on that.