2017 Open Water

Started by RuddyDuck, March 23, 2017, 08:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyjs

I took my boy out for a little Saturday evening and the water was clear but the weeds were already out 10 ft from the docks and the snot grass was pretty bad!  I don't remember running into snot grass on this lake before.  We did alright staying on the weedlines but all they would hit was senkos. Anyone else run into a lot of snot grass? what do you throw around it?

RuddyDuck

What is considered Snot Grass? The slimy, blobby algae stuff or is it like say curly leaf or milfiol? Probably a frog or senko depending how thick it is. If it is on the bottom too, then t-rigs are out.
Dan

baileyjs

Quote from: RuddyDuck on May 15, 2017, 10:13:56 AM
What is considered Snot Grass? The slimy, blobby algae stuff or is it like say curly leaf or milfiol? Probably a frog or senko depending how thick it is. If it is on the bottom too, then t-rigs are out.

Yea the slime.  I can handle the curly leaf/milfoil, but this stuff get on absolutely everything!

baileyjs

got out last night and things were slow to start out.  Picked up a few here and there and threw everything.  It wasn't until about 9:00pm that things picked up and we ran into a load of 3-4lbrs all on outside weed-line in about 9ft water.  The only thing they liked were 5" worms texas rigged weightless.

Lipripper

Quote from: baileyjs on June 07, 2017, 09:20:43 AM
got out last night and things were slow to start out.  Picked up a few here and there and threw everything.  It wasn't until about 9:00pm that things picked up and we ran into a load of 3-4lbrs all on outside weed-line in about 9ft water.  The only thing they liked were 5" worms texas rigged weightless.
Thanks for the report and glad y'all ran into some nicer fish. ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

CraigP83

Good to hear they are moving to the outside edge. Everything ive found has been inside edge and scattered throughout the weekbeds

RuddyDuck

Scattered has been the word around here! The heat should move them to the edge hopefully. Also should kill the CurlyLeaf off on some of the lakes that have been loaded with that stuff this year. That should fire up the dock and shore bite. Those lakes don't have a great weed edge after that dies off.

I was up in northern MN this past weekend and the fish were still real shallow there. 

Dan

RuddyDuck

If I add up the 15 1lbers I caught Sunday, does it count as a 15lb Bass!  ~roflmao
Dan

Lipripper

Quote from: RuddyDuck on June 13, 2017, 03:33:31 PM
If I add up the 15 1lbers I caught Sunday, does it count as a 15lb Bass!  ~roflmao
lo lo Sure sounds good to me.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

RuddyDuck

Outside weed bite has started to heat up on some of my lakes. 8-10ft and t-rigs. Up north the Beaver Dam bite is going! I wish there were beaver dams down this way more. They are fun to fish and scenic too. ~cf
Dan

CraigP83

Good to hear. I struggled mightily this weekend