Classic Talk Here:

Started by jocko, March 24, 2017, 07:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jocko

Quote from: Bass 24 7 on March 26, 2017, 06:35:03 PM
So did Brent win it? Nothing online on the winner BASS site is froze up, will not load.

Oh man -

Ehrler did not.  He dropped to 3rd.  Kennedy took 2nd and Jordan Lee WINS!  Auburn takes 1st & 2nd!

coldfront

Quote from: rockchalk06 on March 26, 2017, 04:04:15 PM
Saying someone choked, kinda pisses me off. I damn sure couldn't do what they do on their worst day.

by the way, it looks as if Jordan Lee had everyone right where he wanted them heading in to day 3.
not as dramatic as Edwin's win last year... it wasn't a 30lb sack... but make no mistake:  Jordan's day was EPIC!

I don't root against anyone... but appreciate the stress, specialness of the Classic... I find a way to be happy for whomever wins it in the end.

and am I ever thankful for Davy Hite...

jocko

I didn't know Jordan Lee had engine problems ?  He couldn't run from spot to spot so he was stranded fishing on that same rock point where he used a jig to catch his big bag.  He had to hitch a ride back in from a spectator boat.  Wow,  that's a lot of drama they didn't report in the coverage.

Climbing from 15th to take the win is mighty impressive! 

I also prefer Davy Hite.  He's a natural and doesn't have they goofy childish actions like Zona. 

coldfront

Quote from: jocko on March 27, 2017, 08:03:32 AM
I also prefer Davy Hite.  He's a natural and doesn't have they goofy childish actions like Zona.

how's this for a fantasy 'color announcer' team:
Davey Hite and Greg Hackney

no drama.  just straight talk.

although, speaking about Davey... man, I think that 'all day' commentary on LIVE got to him a little.
;D

first one is always the toughest.

rockchalk06

Quote from: jocko on March 27, 2017, 08:03:32 AM
I didn't know Jordan Lee had engine problems ?  He couldn't run from spot to spot so he was stranded fishing on that same rock point where he used a jig to catch his big bag.  He had to hitch a ride back in from a spectator boat.  Wow,  that's a lot of drama they didn't report in the coverage.

Climbing from 15th to take the win is mighty impressive! 

I know they were able to get his boat back for the weigh in.

Lipripper

I saw them talking about his motor trouble on the live feed and was glad he got back for the weigh in.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

coldfront

Quote from: rockchalk06 on March 27, 2017, 09:12:09 AM
I know they were able to get his boat back for the weigh in.

just wondering if that turned out to be a blessing in disguise... forced him to slow down and milk that area a little more?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: coldfront on March 28, 2017, 06:55:55 AM
just wondering if that turned out to be a blessing in disguise... forced him to slow down and milk that area a little more?

Im gonna say yes. There is a lot of run and gun in fishing sometimes. Many times you just gotta put your head down and fish.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Very well could be man. I know I've heard every pro say several times "I need to just slow down"

Lipripper

Quote from: rockchalk06 on March 28, 2017, 08:24:28 AM
Very well could be man. I know I've heard every pro say several times "I need to just slow down"
I'm not to good at remembering their names but that one guy spent around two hours in the same spot trying to get one big fish to bite. I know it might have won it for him but wow that's a long time to pitch to the same spot.  :surrender: I don't think I would of done that with the clock ticking.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on March 28, 2017, 09:47:30 AM

I'm not to good at remembering their names but that one guy spent around two hours in the same spot trying to get one big fish to bite. I know it might have won it for him but wow that's a long time to pitch to the same spot.  :surrender: I don't think I would of done that with the clock ticking.

Thats one of the reasons I love and hate bed fishing sometimes. I cant stand still that long.  lo Itll drive me to  ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 28, 2017, 09:49:41 AM
Thats one of the reasons I love and hate bed fishing sometimes. I cant stand still that long.  lo Itll drive me to  ~beer~
It don't take much to do that. ~beer~ lo lo

LgMouthGambler

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 28, 2017, 09:58:56 AM
Very short drive. Lol

<")))<{
But I guess if you locked in on a big fish like that it might not have felt like two hours went by.

rockchalk06

Quote from: Lipripper on March 28, 2017, 09:47:30 AM

I know Zona mentioned that Evers has spent the better part of two hours pitching in the same area.

Projohnson22

He had like 19lb with 4 fish on day 2. In sure they came from the same spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk