Careful Florida Guys

Started by Lee Smith, March 29, 2017, 02:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

LgMouthGambler

Yeah, they have pulled some BIG suckers out the Everglades.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

coldbasser

~gf to  :help: & :surrender:
They are to big for bait
Fred
In God we trust, but evil occurred when good men do nothing

Capt. BassinLou

I read the story and saw the video of them removing the body from that huge snake. Scary stuff that's for sure.
:o :o

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 29, 2017, 05:08:12 PM
I read the story and saw the video of them removing the body from that huge snake. Scary stuff that's for sure.
:o :o
We might see some soon. They dont come out much during the day.

<")))<{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 29, 2017, 07:31:22 PM
We might see some soon. They dont come out much during the day.

<")))<{
Greeeaaat...I didn't think of that...lol

cojab

Dayum!! Life can be cruel sometimes.
TTK has spoken.

creekbasser

That's why I live where the wind hurts my face.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oldfart9999

They compete with gators and are winning, you buy a snake and no longer want it eat it, don 't let it go!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cortman

Whew, that's grotesque.
I've heard the pythons are really getting out of control there in FL.

RuddyDuck

Quote from: creekbasser on March 29, 2017, 10:24:15 PM
That's why I live where the wind hurts my face.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wow, eek.
Exactly cb! That's why a -20 day once in a while isn't such a bad thing I guess!
Dan

Capt. BassinLou

There's no denying pythons are in South Fl, but in the 20+ yrs of me fishing out in the Everglades, I have yet to come across a python. I don't think they stand a chance when I'm surrounded by alligators the majority of the time... lol!!

Donald Garner

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 30, 2017, 03:33:06 PM
There's no denying pythons are in South Fl, but in the 20+ yrs of me fishing out in the Everglades, I have yet to come across a python. I don't think they stand a chance when I'm surrounded by alligators the majority of the time... lol!!

Lou I've watched a couple video where pythons were eating alligators.  I'm not talking about new born ones either.  And on the same note I've seen where gators were having a feast on a huge python also.  I'm not a snake lover.  I stay away from them at all cost. 

Check out these videos.

pythons and gators
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Donald Garner on March 30, 2017, 07:06:18 PM
Lou I've watched a couple video where pythons were eating alligators.  I'm not talking about new born ones either.  And on the same note I've seen where gators were having a feast on a huge python also.  I'm not a snake lover.  I stay away from them at all cost. 

Check out these videos.

pythons and gators
Yeah Donald, I have seen the footage of a python eating gator that was too big for the snake and the snake split itself in half trying to swallow the gator. Crazy stuff that's for sure!!

Donald Garner

When I saw that video I kept thinking what made that snake think he could eat something that big.  To me it's just unreal.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

analfisherman

Ya it's pretty scary deal!

In the Everglades National Park in south Florida they released 26 Marsh Rabbits with radio tracking devices.
They thrived till Spring of the year and by the Fall of the next year 77% were gone......the researchers found that 77% of the tracked rabbits were eaten by Burmese pythons, a fact scientists knew because the trackers led them to the digested bodies of the rabbits inside the stomachs of the snakes.

The aim was to find out what effect the pythons would have on the rabbits, which are native to the Everglades but have all but vanished over the past decade—the same period of time when sightings of Burmese pythons became more frequent.

They can eat whole Adult Deer and grow to like six feet in their first year making them to large for the Gator population to swallow whole which is basically how gators eat.
Their bodies are too tough and flexible to break apart like large mammals the Gators eat can be by thrashing them around breaking them up to portions they can swallow whole.

They can disappear at will, go months without eating and they're afraid of absolutely nothing.
They have found them as far north as Jacksonville and being very adaptive......all the way to Maine where they burrow deep in the ground for the Winter.

They've found them in Teaxas also and seeing they lay approx. 10-20 eggs a year with no natural predators other than man.......this is pretty serious stuff....Gators are more of a Turf War thing, not a predator deal to eat.
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

The problem is really the fact that as they roam during the night, they are eating the deer we have and killing them off. The gators is not that big a deal as they don't often eat them as they are usually not that compared in size. The rabbits out there that they are eating is also hiring the food source for other animals.

Lol. and after I wrote this I read anals post. Sorry bud.
<")))>{

West6550

Florida is slam full of snakes and gators and ... gator OH MY!!!

You guys better stay away from the water down here lol