HOOKS, LIES and ALIBIS

Started by analfisherman, March 30, 2017, 11:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analfisherman

Well, we ALL HAVE PROBABLY PLAYED HOOKY when we were young.......but most BASS ANGLERS still do.  ;) ;D

So it's 32 degrees outside, we've already gotten 1.35" of rain since midnight, AND I'M BORED! >:D

So I thought it would be fun to share a FEW tales on how YOU have gotten out of something/work to go fishing......a day, a week, an hour.....it really doesn't matter.
Maybe even share some stories your FRIENDS have used.....or you heard before.
Even if it's JUST GETTING HOME LATE from a fishing OUTING.
Maybe it's something you've told your 'Significant Other' to get out of the 'Honey Do' list.

This idea ALSO came because my 11 year old grandson missed school Mon.-Wed. this week and my son had asked me to stop in yesterday and 'check in' on him seeing he legitimately had actually had the FLU since Sun. and was pretty sick.  :(

I got there around 2 in the afternoon and went in the house........and couldn't find him....anywhere.
Looked out the back Patio Window........and LOW and BEHOLD........THERE HE WAS........ROD IN HAND AND CASTING AWAY!  :shocking:  (Son lives on the River)

I asked him, "Thought you were SICK?"

Which he replied to......

"I am PaPa.......but I was lying in bed doing homework on my Ipad and when I finished I 'googled' 'How to cure the Flu'...........IT SAID, "The very best thing you could do is, GET SOME FRESH AIR."
Which I replied, "You don't look sick to me!"  >:D
Which he answered, "GUESS THEY WERE RIGHT ABOUT THE FRESH AIR?"  ::)

BOY THAT KID'S GOING TO BE A HANDFUL!!!!!!   ::) :)

I'll start with A FEW I'VE HEARD........ ;D

"The squirrel chews on the bird feeder at 1 p.m. every day, my game camera told me.
I will address that situation today."

"Grandma is out back shooting at the squirrels in her bird feeder again.
Guess I have to go get her inside."

To set the MOOD......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRrKaq0IyY

OKAY FOLKS.........let's here what you got for 'ALIBIS'!   ;D
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

cport

My company has multiple buildings spread out, so at lunch when I'm fishing and stay a bit too long it's always, "oh, I was at building 3" or whatever.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Oldfart9999

Since I was out doing deliveries I didn't need no stinking excuses, just made sure my work was done.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 31, 2017, 06:34:40 AM
....just made sure my work was done.
Rodney

Same here. As long as I get my work done... it happens so often and so many times I can't keep count. Just yesterday I left work early to go fishing.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

cport

Quote from: FloridaFishinFool on March 31, 2017, 07:18:43 AM
Same here. As long as I get my work done... it happens so often and so many times I can't keep count. Just yesterday I left work early to go fishing.

You guys hiring?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

FloridaFishinFool

Quote from: cport on March 31, 2017, 07:31:24 AM
You guys hiring?

Not right now. When I am at the rod and reel repair shop I work on commission so I don't punch a clock. Everyone else who is punching a clock has to stay until closing. They also have to be there at 9am, answer the phones, and deal with customers at the counter. I get to roll in late and leave early if I want to. And I don't have to answer the phone nor deal with customers at the counter. I like it this way. I was out of there just past 4 and on my way to the lake for a 3rd day in a row.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

cport

Yesterday, spent a long time at lunch pitching to a bed for this 14 incher

Boss at 1:37: "Hey Chris, we were looking for you to test that knee coil at 1:00"

Me: "Oh damn, sorry, I had a project in my sights at building 2 that I was focused on. I'll get to it now."
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

analfisherman

Well, my boss is a COMPLETE ARSE........he's dumber than a BOX of ROCKS!!!!!!
He spends so much time LYING to HIMSELF......he barely has time to hear my input......
OPPS....forgot I'm self employed!  ~shade

All my agents are self-employed too........so frankly......I COULDN'T CARE LESS HOW THEY SPEND THEIR DAY.

But, I'll share a little story.  :)

Most know, I carry poles and tackle everywhere I go.
I meet with clients in their homes, so I cover a large area and being in WI. WE HAVE TONS OF FISHABLE WATERS......I'm talking....EVERYWHERE!

So I pack a lunch every day so I can eat in a Park that has water attached to it....eat real fast and then FISH.
Now you have to understand, I wear a Sport Coat and dress shoes and tie while working.  ::)

So one day I'm fishing along a Pond in a Park, got done with one appt. early and had an hour to kill.
So what is a guy to do........FISH!
So I'm casting away from shore and actually caught a couple of small bass.  :o
(remember now, this is in DRESS CLOTHS and TIE, not to mention dress shoes)

I notice a car in the Parking Lot that there is an 'older man' sitting in and watching me fish.
After a while he leaves and I check the time and realize I also have to be getting to my appointment too.
So I pack up and head to the appointment.
It's like 15 minutes away and as usual, 'THE ONE LAST CAST' turned into multiple, so I was running a little short on time. :embarassed:

So the next appointment was a referal that I had never met before, and a gentleman answers the door.
We sit down at the kitchen table and I do my typical 'meet and greet' conversation telling him about myself along with showing him my licenses and stuff......when all of a sudden.......the gentleman sits back and kind of stares at me questionably........."Didn't I just see you at the Park fishing like a half hour ago?"
:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: BUSTED!  :o :)
Sure enough, he was the gentleman in the CAR watching me fish.  lo

Well, he told me that he and his brother (who refereed me) were very active anglers too.  ~sweat ;D

He became my client and has given me 11 referrals (he has been a client for 16 years and is now 82 years old).
Every single referral has become a client and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM has started the first meeting with the same question, "So I hear you like to FISH?"  lo

to this day, twice a year I go to the first clients home and he and I go fishing together. Every-time when we go and I have a challenging fishing outing.......he will say, "Guess you wore the wrong cloths today?"  ;D

People wonder why I'm not married?     ~roflmao
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Donald Garner

Great stuff guys tks for sharing  ~c~ ~shade
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

zippyduck

If the weather says the bite should be epic I call off saying personal reasons, after all it is called personal time. Bad part is the Boss will ask me as soon as I get to work how the fishing was.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

Quote from: zippyduck on March 31, 2017, 10:38:54 AM
If the weather says the bite should be epic I call off saying personal reasons, after all it is called personal time. Bad part is the Boss will ask me as soon as I get to work how the fishing was.
He's got your number  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet