Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cbburke on January 30, 2018, 08:35:41 PM

Need to get my "Visa Black Card" from the Monkey :)

either you or the monkey....black card still gets used.   lo
BeerMe

cport

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on January 30, 2018, 07:29:47 PM
you're gonna love that beast of a rod.  Prespawn coming....the best time to wench out the fat girls.
I thought closing time was... Oh you're talking about bass

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

D.W. Verts

I just made another order with Doc Irv... I can't STOP. I need HELP!
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

SteveTX

Quote from: D.W. Verts on January 30, 2018, 09:20:30 PM
I just made another order with Doc Irv... I can't STOP. I need HELP!
Put the phone on the table and slowly back away.  ~roflmao
Or

cport

She's in, $29 less than MSRP, too.
What's that, monkey? I need a new rod to go with it? Damn....

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Y'all keep feeding that dang Monkey and keep him away from up here.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Ddyyak

Cport where did you find that deal, do share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Came in today. Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool 8.3:1 TPG1XH ;D
Its going  on a Dobyns Champion Extreme DX 784C ML I bought from caddyjoe77.  Cant wait to get the rod and mate them up.
Im no good taking pics but in person its pretty sweet to me.

Lipripper

Looks good Steve and keep on feeding the monkey  ~c~ ~c~

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on January 31, 2018, 01:48:44 PM
Came in today. Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool 8.3:1 TPG1XH ;D
Its going  on a Dobyns Champion Extreme DX 784C ML I bought from caddyjoe77.  Cant wait to get the rod and mate them up.
Im no good taking pics but in person its pretty sweet to me.

I really like that reel. The brake system is a great system. My only issue, is its got aluminum gears. Aint nothin I cant fix with a gear swap from a Super Duty though.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

Quote from: Ddyyak on January 31, 2018, 12:48:51 PM
Cport where did you find that deal, do share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazon. $71.71 shipped

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 31, 2018, 02:39:39 PM
I really like that reel. The brake system is a great system. My only issue, is its got aluminum gears. Aint nothin I cant fix with a gear swap from a Super Duty though.
Yeah it would be sweet if it came with brass but its plenty light so adding brass gears its still a light weight reel with some nice features and man for $119.00 it was a smoking deal.

It fixes the hook hanger issue since my one real complaint on the Dobyns rods is they have a closed hook hanger this fixes that issue.  ;)

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on January 31, 2018, 04:10:46 PM
Yeah it would be sweet if it came with brass but its plenty light so adding brass gears its still a light weight reel with some nice features and man for $119.00 it was a smoking deal.

It fixes the hook hanger issue since my one real complaint on the Dobyns rods is they have a closed hook hanger this fixes that issue.  ;)

I forgot it had that funky hook thingy behind the gear box.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on January 31, 2018, 04:19:39 PM
I forgot it had that funky hook thingy behind the gear box.
lo Yeah they did a really good job on it. If you don't know its there you wont even know about it. Its hidden that well. However if you want it its easy to deploy and keeps the hooks off the rod and reel. Also all my plastics don't have to have the hooks pulled out to put them away. To me that is a great feature.

LgMouthGambler

Just finished up my latest monkey fix.

<")))>{

Lipripper

Looks good Matt and can't wait till you get it out and try it out on some fish. ;D

caddyjoe77

Might as well hang my head and step into the bait monkey's confessional.  I have to admit I don't mind.

PreSpawn is right around the corner and I might as well be ready.....at least thats what the bait monkey told me.....

lo lo lo

BeerMe

SteveTX

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 02, 2018, 09:23:03 PM
Might as well hang my head and step into the bait monkey's confessional.  I have to admit I don't mind.

PreSpawn is right around the corner and I might as well be ready.....at least thats what the bait monkey told me.....

lo lo lo

Ewww I see where some $ went. lo Shame on that . But they look nice hope you slay ya a big un with them.

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cbburke on February 02, 2018, 09:28:11 PM
Better this than having a $120 bar tap !
~c~ ~c~

you're absolutely right....i see you've learned to justify too!!  ;D lo lo 
BeerMe

caddyjoe77

Quote from: SteveTX on February 02, 2018, 09:27:44 PM
Ewww I see where some $ went. lo Shame on that . But they look nice hope you slay ya a big un with them.

thanks.  me too!! I am really liking those flap slaps for a main reason:  old school Shad rap's are dynamite in cold pre-spawn water.  The flap slap's suspend as well, so you can get the dual benefit of a jerkbait too.

the jerkbaits...probably didnt need them but the monkey whispered some sweet nothings in my ear...so what was I to do??  ~roflmao
BeerMe

Lipripper

Joe I want to thank you for intercepting that monkey before he made it up here to my house.  lo lo

Bud Kennedy

Don't get too comfy Lip.  The bait monkey has been known to follow tax refunds

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on February 03, 2018, 11:05:16 AM
Joe I want to thank you for intercepting that monkey before he made it up here to my house.  lo lo

I told him your address Jerry!! He called me this morning and said he would be there today after he stopped by scheels on the way!!
BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on February 03, 2018, 11:10:57 AM
Don't get too comfy Lip.  The bait monkey has been known to follow tax refunds
Well I'm safe for a couple more weeks then.  lo Most of my tax refund is going towards our back property tax and then on some new furniture that Diana wants to get I might be able to get a couple of hundred to spend on fishing stuff which I will more than likely save for a NAFC 10 year reunion up in La Cross Wisc at the end of Aug.

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 03, 2018, 11:31:26 AM
I told him your address Jerry!! He called me this morning and said he would be there today after he stopped by scheels on the way!!

Maybe he will get lost before he gets to my house.  ;D