Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
I actually liked the Gen SX. Was a tough SOB, and felt good in the hand. Will make a good truck beater.
Wow... that model was my frogging reel years ago.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 07, 2017, 04:14:21 PM
I actually liked the Gen SX. Was a tough SOB, and felt good in the hand. Will make a good truck beater.

so you do have a thing for korean girls, and not just japanese chicks!!
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 07, 2017, 09:16:29 PM
so you do have a thing for korean girls, and not just japanese chicks!!
They know how to massage your feet. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Gen 2 SX. One of the last of the good Revos.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

cortman

I will lay odds of 4 to one it gets sold within 6 months.  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on August 08, 2017, 03:01:44 PM
I will lay odds of 4 to one it gets sold within 6 months.  lo

I cant do that. If I buy anything better I wont wanna leave it in the truck.  lo

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 08, 2017, 02:33:38 PM
Gen 2 SX. One of the last of the good Revos.

<")))>{

Keep in mind, you are going to spend $$ for that reel to cast light stuff. It's a bitch to dial in. Frogs weren't a problem though, but you don't know how to frog fish.. and there lies the problem....  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 08, 2017, 03:10:40 PM
Keep in mind, you are going to spend $$ for that reel to cast light stuff. It's a bitch to dial in. Frogs weren't a problem though, but you don't know how to frog fish.. and there lies the problem....  ~roflmao

This guy thinks hes funny.  lo  No money getting spent on the reel, just a magic LMG tune.  ~shade

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 08, 2017, 03:24:33 PM
This guy thinks hes funny.  lo  No money getting spent on the reel, just a magic LMG tune.  ~shade

I will be curious to see what you can pull off with this reel. As far as being funny... I'm here all week...  lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 08, 2017, 03:26:52 PM
I will be curious to see what you can pull off with this reel. As far as being funny... I'm here all week...  lo

I had one. I liked it. Wasnt an issue to use with baits in the 1/4 to 3/8oz range. Then again, Im a little more skilled with a caster than you .  ~roflmao

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 08, 2017, 03:28:01 PM
I had one. I liked it. Wasnt an issue to use with baits in the 1/4 to 3/8oz range. Then again, Im a little more skilled with a caster than you .  ~roflmao

Ha..ha.. nice try... but since you have handled so many reels in the last 4 years, I honestly think you have forgotten how this reel really handles... You would have had better results with your old super duty.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 08, 2017, 03:31:07 PM
Ha..ha.. nice try... but since you have handled so many reels in the last 4 years, I honestly think you have forgotten how this reel really handles... You would have had better results with your old super duty.

Wait a seeeccoonnnnnddddd................Matt actually degraded himself to super duty levels?  lo   (full disclosure...i have had them and liked them until Guntersville and I threw that dang SV103.  The rest, as they say...is like money flying out of my wallet). 

BeerMe

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 08, 2017, 04:21:44 PM
Wait a seeeccoonnnnnddddd................Matt actually degraded himself to super duty levels?  lo   (full disclosure...i have had them and liked them until Guntersville and I threw that dang SV103.  The rest, as they say...is like money flying out of my wallet).
Ooops I have said too much already... lmao!!

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 08, 2017, 03:31:07 PM

Nah. That SD was a piece of chit. Felt like a toy. The Gen2SX is a solid feeling reel. Whole different level.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 08, 2017, 04:24:09 PMThe Gen2SX is a solid feeling reel. Whole different level.

Listen to him defend it. He sounds so cute when he defends it. Where do I start? Buhahahah

LgMouthGambler

rockchalk06

caddyjoe77

the bait monkey decided to show up at my house while I was working this week. 

It appears he brought me a greenie curado 200 and another exsence  lo lo

at least he dint make me buy an abu or something like that  lo
BeerMe

rockchalk06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 10, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

The monkey is no doubt a bassturd, but even he has standards. He doesnt make poor souls buy Abu's, that's some weird black magic voodoo crap!

cojab

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on August 10, 2017, 08:28:14 PM

lo lo

Sounds to me like the bait monkey was not fired.
Laid off for a couple of days maybe, but he is alive and doing well!
TTK has spoken.

cortman

Bait monkey got me hard. This is all in the last 3 weeks:

Sold:
Core MG
Lot of squarebill crankbaits
Lot of soft plastics, one other lot still for sale.

Purchased:
Metanium MG7 with ZPI drag star and custom ccc, knobs and handle nut. Got it from Japan for $110
Ray's studio drag star for the SV105
Big TW order including some replacement squarebills, plastic worms, reel covers, etc.
7 speed gear upgrade kit for said Metanium and some Fuji hook keepers from TTT
Small lot of large topwater baits for a super steal on another forum

Planning on picking up a few more plastics soon, I'm in the process of getting rid of miscellaneous stuff I've accumulated and paring it down to what I know works for me and I like.

Bud Kennedy

rockchalk06

Smallie_Stalker

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire