Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveTX

I got a few items lately. I was in my local tackle shop yesterday and they had about 50 Buckeye Mop Jigs in 3/8 and 1/2 oz in Black n Blue and Texas Craw colors 50% off. Id never used this brand but I have to say a nice wire tied heavy living rubber jig with what appears to be some nice rattles with a Mustad Flippin Hook for $2.40 each I had to grab a few in those colors. Picked up one of the Santone jigs as well just because it looked nice hanging there. ;D Had to grab a bag of Gene Larew Rattlin' Crawlers in Blue Fleck to try also. Picked up some more rattles for my other jigs. 

Got the Storm Squarebill and 12 packs of the Paca toads off eBay dirt cheap. Ive never used the Paca toad its huge and looks like it is just a huge version of their craw. I think it will work great for my lake. They love white and topwater and these were much cheaper than $3.89 I think a pack for the Zoom or Stanley Ribbit brands.   

LgMouthGambler

Got a spool today, for my Super Duty LFS. Gonna spool this one with 65lb braid so I can swap if there is a hairy situation.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Steve you got a good deal on them jigs and other stuff and you must of got a good deal on that stuff you got off eBay. I'm guess the monkey let you of easy this time. He's saving up for right before the Christmas rush or Black Friday.  lo lo

LMG what you going to get next.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on November 13, 2017, 03:14:12 PM
Steve you got a good deal on them jigs and other stuff and you must of got a good deal on that stuff you got off eBay. I'm guess the monkey let you of easy this time. He's saving up for right before the Christmas rush or Black Friday.  lo lo

LMG what you going to get next.  ;D

The OG Super Duty is going back on sale at Cabelas for $99.99 on Friday. Think Im gonna grab another 8.0 ratio to put away.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 13, 2017, 03:55:13 PM
The OG Super Duty is going back on sale at Cabelas for $99.99 on Friday. Think Im gonna grab another 8.0 ratio to put away.
lo lo I bet your looking forward to the Black Friday sales.  ;D

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 13, 2017, 03:55:13 PM
I might get 2 of them SD at least one in the 8 gear and possibly a 7 gear. I'm still not convinced the sale is for the new style. I didn't see the ad though.
Quote from: Lipripper on November 13, 2017, 03:14:12 PM
Yeah the jigs surprised me they are really nice. The lady that owns the place is always marking stuff down if it doesn't sell. She has some system where they use colored price tags and each year the color changes. If they have been on the shelf to long she cuts the price hard and will only special order if you want it after that. They sell a lot of Santone jigs around here its a Texas based company and they have nice jigs reasonably priced. I'm guessing that didn't help these sell as they were several bucks more each normally. The eBay Netbait toads I got 12 packs for $11 and change shipped to my door. So less than a buck a pack delivered is nice. And the discontinued squarebill I didn't have one that color and I got it for like $4 at my door.
Yup looking forward to getting a deal on something on sale maybe a reel.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on November 13, 2017, 04:34:24 PM
I might get 2 of them SD at least one in the 8 gear and possibly a 7 gear. I'm still not convinced the sale is for the new style. I didn't see the ad though. Yeah the jigs surprised me they are really nice. The lady that owns the place is always marking stuff down if it doesn't sell. She has some system where they use colored price tags and each year the color changes. If they have been on the shelf to long she cuts the price hard and will only special order if you want it after that. They sell a lot of Santone jigs around here its a Texas based company and they have nice jigs reasonably priced. I'm guessing that didn't help these sell as they were several bucks more each normally. The eBay Netbait toads I got 12 packs for $11 and change shipped to my door. So less than a buck a pack delivered is nice. And the discontinued squarebill I didn't have one that color and I got it for like $4 at my door.
Yup looking forward to getting a deal on something on sale maybe a reel.
That's  8) and if you wait long enough you might get that reel on sale.  ;D

cport

Bait monkey dropped off something at my front door. I'll let you know when I get home

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Bait monkey dropped off something at my front door. I'll let you know when I get home

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on November 13, 2017, 04:44:00 PM

You must be excited you posted this one twice.  lo lo

cport

It's here! Yes, I'm a little excited, Lip...

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

And it's in one piece. Woohoo!! Enjoy the rod you bought there.

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on November 13, 2017, 05:32:01 PM
It's here! Yes, I'm a little excited, Lip...

So I guess we have to wait till tomorrow to see what it looks like. lo lo

cport

Quote from: Lipripper on November 13, 2017, 05:51:44 PM
So I guess we have to wait till tomorrow to see what it looks like. lo lo

Ok, just for you, Lip.

I know there are some pretty awesome rods that are on this forum, and I was seriously thinking about spending the whole 200 on that ALX I was looking at. I thought about it, and figured I can get a really nice rod with great reviews, and get some line and some frogs and other cool stuff. I know there are better ones, but this is a big deal for me, going over the 100 price point for a rod. So without further ado, may I present my new
7'1" M fast Omen Black 2...

And my new dream team, paired with the Curado K, the Fluke Killer!

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

Very nice Chris!! Congrats. Enjoy that new outfit. Thank you for sharing.

cport

Thanks Lou

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on November 13, 2017, 04:06:58 PM
lo lo I bet your looking forward to the Black Friday sales.  ;D
Nah. Thats gonna be my Black Friday sale. Lol. Nobody has any really good Black Friday sales anymore. I xan get things cheaper than most put a "sale" price on anyways.

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Congrats CPort! I think you are going to like the rod. I have a Defy and a Muse and I love them both!

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Let me know how you like that Omen Black. Im still on the fence on one of them for a flipping rod.

<")))>{

cport

Quote from: rickdelprado on November 13, 2017, 09:24:25 PM
Congrats CPort! I think you are going to like the rod. I have a Defy and a Muse and I love them both!

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 13, 2017, 09:30:31 PM
Let me know how you like that Omen Black. Im still on the fence on one of them for a flipping rod.

<")))>{

Thanks guys. LMG, I'll give you a report soon.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

cport

Ok no report yet, haven't had a chance to break her in, but, the rest of my Cabela's order came in.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

cport

Back off muh frogz

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

cbburke

Back from long hiatus on this forum.

Had to take a break and go back to my "Fall Hobby" - Archery/Bow Hunting. Nope I haven't gotten one yet :(. But I just had to check this thread out to see who got "hooked" by the Monkey bait :)

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."