Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Bait monkey came via the wife. Some line for the CU200B.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on February 03, 2018, 11:40:04 AM
Well I'm safe for a couple more weeks then.  lo Most of my tax refund is going towards our back property tax and then on some new furniture that Diana wants to get I might be able to get a couple of hundred to spend on fishing stuff which I will more than likely save for a NAFC 10 year reunion up in La Cross Wisc at the end of Aug.

Maybe he will get lost before he gets to my house.  ;D

the damn monkey knows how to use GPS!!
BeerMe

SteveTX

My Doc Irv order came in today and they look great. My picture taking skills on the other hand...  :(
These are Sapphire Blue and are much brighter than the picture indicates. I asked for a match to the Zoom Sapphire Blue and Doc did a excellent job. Thanks

SteveTX

And today my Dobyns 784C ML came in that I bought from caddyjoe77. It even came with complimentary BassPro rod sock and a red spinning rod Stick Jacket both on the rod.  :) Thank you sir. The Stick Jacket rod sock worked perfectly on my Dobyns Fury FR 703C SF.

Here she is with a brand new Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool 8.3:1 TPG1XH I showed a page back or so in this thread. Its spooled up with Suffix 832 in Camo so the fish wont see it and run off scared as a little baby.  ::) I actually like the looks of the line but I don't think it is superior to Power Pro and it costs more. I just got this spool as a Christmas present.

And don't be getting any ideas about what I am catching them on that is a dummy bait I swear. ;)

LgMouthGambler

That actually all matches pretty well. Reel, rod, line, bait are just complimentary to each other.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 05, 2018, 02:51:37 PM
That actually all matches pretty well. Reel, rod, line, bait are just complimentary to each other.

<")))>{
Yeah if you click on the pic of the reel shot from behind where it blows the pic up its like that line was made for that rod. The gold on the reel and even the carbon handle seem to blend in well also. I was really surprised with the looks of it. If the fishing part goes as good as it looks Ill be ripping 23" and 24" bass out every day.  ~roflmao

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
Yeah if you click on the pic of the reel shot from behind where it blows the pic up its like that line was made for that rod. The gold on the reel and even the carbon handle seem to blend in well also. I was really surprised with the looks of it. If the fishing part goes as good as it looks Ill be ripping 23" and 24" bass out every day.  ~roflmao
Woah, lets not get our hopes up. Haha.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

One of these is on the way to me. Gonna see how it does for a punching reel. Stout drag and brass gears, along with a profile the size of a 50E Shimano makes it a nice option to try out. And, as if I need to say, I got a really good deal to give it a shot in the arsenal.

<")))>{

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 02:56:25 PM
If that happens let me know and I will feed the monkey and get me one also. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 05, 2018, 05:18:30 PM
One of these is on the way to me. Gonna see how it does for a punching reel. Stout drag and brass gears, along with a profile the size of a 50E Shimano makes it a nice option to try out. And, as if I need to say, I got a really good deal to give it a shot in the arsenal.

<")))>{
What was it you just told me," Woah, lets not get our hopes up."  ~roflmao
Im teasing, yeah might be a great reel for that.

SteveTX

Quote from: Lipripper on February 05, 2018, 05:27:12 PM
If that happens let me know and I will feed the monkey and get me one also. lo lo
Its all about that positive attitude.  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 05:28:24 PM
What was it you just told me," Woah, lets not get our hopes up."  ~roflmao
Im teasing, yeah might be a great reel for that.
I dont have my hopes up for this one. Lol. If it blows up, so be it. Lol.

<")))>{

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 05:29:20 PM
Its all about that positive attitude.  ;D
Just make sure to send a memo to them 23" and 24" bass. lo lo

caddyjoe77

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 02:37:37 PM
And today my Dobyns 784C ML came in that I bought from caddyjoe77. It even came with complimentary BassPro rod sock and a red spinning rod Stick Jacket both on the rod.  :) Thank you sir. The Stick Jacket rod sock worked perfectly on my Dobyns Fury FR 703C SF.

Here she is with a brand new Lew's Tournament Pro G Speed Spool 8.3:1 TPG1XH I showed a page back or so in this thread. Its spooled up with Suffix 832 in Camo so the fish wont see it and run off scared as a little baby.  ::) I actually like the looks of the line but I don't think it is superior to Power Pro and it costs more. I just got this spool as a Christmas present.

And don't be getting any ideas about what I am catching them on that is a dummy bait I swear. ;)

that took longer than I expected? Maybe because I shipped it on base? 

anyway, glad she arrived safe!! tell me what you think once you get some time in with it. 
BeerMe

cbburke

Quote from: SteveTX on February 05, 2018, 02:37:37 PM

Those are one sweet set up --- the colors just vibe right !

I need to get caddyjoe's list of sales :)
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 05, 2018, 05:47:31 PM
I dont have my hopes up for this one. Lol. If it blows up, so be it. Lol.

<")))>{

If it blows up he'll make it better than new and sell it for a profit!!! lo
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 06, 2018, 12:49:20 PM
If it blows up he'll make it better than new and sell it for a profit!!! lo
Rodney
This is very true.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

Made an offer on something off ebay. If it gets accepted, Ill be getting that instead of the new Bantam MGL. This is a solid reel from the past, that is brand new in box. It will probably last longer than any new Shimano anyways. Lol

<")))>{

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 07, 2018, 08:01:57 PM
Made an offer on something off ebay. If it gets accepted, Ill be getting that instead of the new Bantam MGL. This is a solid reel from the past, that is brand new in box. It will probably last longer than any new Shimano anyways. Lol

<")))>{
All them places has your number on speed dial.  lo lo Hope you get it so we can see your latest toy.  ;D

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

Lipripper

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 07, 2018, 08:06:56 PM
All them places has your number on speed dial.  lo lo Hope you get it so we can see your latest toy.  ;D
Got it. Now you're gonna have to wait and see.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

Parts and stuff. AR for the CU200B (to keep for stock). Some 25lb XT, thats got a good reel coming for that. ;)

<")))>{

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on February 07, 2018, 09:21:18 PM
Now what did that bait monkey make you buy.  lo lo

megabass orochi XX launcher -- 7'11 of mean cranking power.  Cant wiat to see how far i can chuck a DD22, or a 10 XD or those 6th sense deep runners. 
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 08, 2018, 07:50:52 PM
megabass orochi XX launcher -- 7'11 of mean cranking power.  Cant wiat to see how far i can chuck a DD22, or a 10 XD or those 6th sense deep runners.
Somebody has a bad Megabass addiction.

<")))>{