Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Smith

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lipripper

Looks pretty LMG so you going to use it or show it or trade it.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 12, 2018, 02:21:17 PM
Looks pretty LMG so you going to use it or show it or trade it.  lo lo

Nope, Im using this one. Got some 25lb mono and a new rod coming for it.  ~shade
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 12, 2018, 02:31:57 PM
Nope, Im using this one. Got some 25lb mono and a new rod coming for it.  ~shade
8) will be looking for them  ;PHO) when you get it on your new rod. ;D

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 12, 2018, 02:12:22 PM
The Ferrari.

<")))>{
So what conditions will the Ferrari be driven in?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on February 12, 2018, 02:44:21 PM
So what conditions will the Ferrari be driven in?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Plastic swimbaits with 25lb mono.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

"Ferrari" lo I'm waiting on the pics of your Bugatti Chiron. ;D
Just never been a fan of the round reels no matter if they colored them to look like gold and smacked a very high price on them. But I can respect a nice reel and what others like.

cojab

Had to scratch the itch a bit today. Was down to my last few squarebills and chatterbaits.

TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cojab on February 13, 2018, 09:01:40 PM
Had to scratch the itch a bit today. Was down to my last few squarebills and chatterbaits.
Shoulda hit me up, I got a slew of them i dont ever use. Lol.

<")))>{

cojab

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 14, 2018, 04:53:58 AM
Shoulda hit me up, I got a slew of them i dont ever use. Lol.

<")))>{

The squarebills or the chatterbaits. I would think the chatterbaits would be killer in your area with all the grasses.
TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cojab on February 14, 2018, 09:36:08 AM
The squarebills or the chatterbaits. I would think the chatterbaits would be killer in your area with all the grasses.

crankbaits. I have too many.  lo

SteveTX

Funny how some just do killer on chatterbaits and some not so much. I am trying to use chatterbaits a little more but who knows how that will work out.

As for the squarebills I only have a few places with rock or structure that I feel like they wont get hung every cast so mine dont get used but on certain occasions.

Pretty much could take both completely out of my arsenal and I would survive no problem. Unlike my jigs, soft plastics, and my spinnerbaits.  ;D

Nice haul cojab glad the monkey is at your place.  lo   

Lipripper

Yep cojab you and the monkey had a good time together.  lo lo Thanks for getting him before he got to my door.  ;D

LgMouthGambler

Does this count as a monkey purchase?

<")))>{

Lipripper

If there's a fish on it or in it that monkey had to have his hand in there somewhere.  lo lo

cojab

Quote from: SteveTX on February 14, 2018, 09:51:01 AM
Funny how some just do killer on chatterbaits and some not so much. I am trying to use chatterbaits a little more but who knows how that will work out.

As for the squarebills I only have a few places with rock or structure that I feel like they wont get hung every cast so mine dont get used but on certain occasions.

Pretty much could take both completely out of my arsenal and I would survive no problem. Unlike my jigs, soft plastics, and my spinnerbaits.  ;D

Nice haul cojab glad the monkey is at your place.  lo

Yep, it is strange. Confidence I guess.
Chatterbaits and squarebills probably accounted for half my fish last year. At least a quarter on frogs and the rest on plastics and a few other cranks.
I have a spring trip to Missouri coming up and you can bet squarebills will be used a bunch. I would really like to figure out jigs though.
TTK has spoken.

cojab

And I guess I never posted this but I couldn't pass up a Cyber Monday sale. The top rod is my new Dobyns 705 CB Glass. Not even out of the wrapper yet.
I'll be slinging those squarebills with this as soon as the water softens up a bit.
And I guess I got bit worse than I thought because there will be one more purchase later this week to sit on that rod and another purchase in April. That should take care of the monkey for awhile. I hope!

TTK has spoken.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 14, 2018, 09:45:15 AM
crankbaits. I have too many.  lo

Sacrilege!!! There's no such thing as too many crankbaits.   ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Down4ttown

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 14, 2018, 05:04:47 PM
Sacrilege!!! There's no such thing as too many crankbaits.   ~shade
Agree with smaller here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down4ttown

I got something coming....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: cojab on February 14, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
And I guess I never posted this but I couldn't pass up a Cyber Monday sale. The top rod is my new Dobyns 705 CB Glass. Not even out of the wrapper yet.
I'll be slinging those squarebills with this as soon as the water softens up a bit.
And I guess I got bit worse than I thought because there will be one more purchase later this week to sit on that rod and another purchase in April. That should take care of the monkey for awhile. I hope!
Yep that monkey has your number  lo lo Just glad winter is almost over  ~roflmao

cojab

TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Rod came for the Calcutta. I dont know why, but these original Halo Daylite rods seem to be a good deal at $60 shipped to me. High guide count, straight, and pretty light.

<")))>{

Lipripper

Them  ;PHO) look nice are y'all taking them with your phone? I'm still trying to get a good  ;PHO) of the rod Mr Lee made for me but every time I try it doesn't look too good. I just got a newer phone about a month ago and I haven't tried it with this one yet. Maybe it will take a better picture than my last one. ;D