Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

I've got a few cheap rods I might take over to BPS and see what I get for them. See what new toy I can get. :) Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on February 16, 2018, 09:10:21 PM
LMG,
That was a pretty good deal. Let me know how you like it. I wasn't real impressed when I picked one up off the rack.
Was the rack full of the Gen 1 rods? Because they are heavy and feel horrible.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

zippyduck

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 17, 2018, 04:08:23 AM
Was the rack full of the Gen 1 rods? Because they are heavy and feel horrible.

<")))>{
It was a year or two ago.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Down4ttown

My neighbor was a big mojo bass fan. Got the gen 1's then two of the gen 2's. I didn't like them that much. That said he loved them until this year. Went to a expo and Cashion rods got him sold on their expert series.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: zippyduck on February 17, 2018, 04:48:32 AM

It was a year or two ago.

The new ones are actually really nice, and dont feel anything like the old ones.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

LMG, I have 1 carbonlite with the CL reel, don't like it as much as a CL with with a PQ reel, it's better balanced IMHO.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on February 17, 2018, 07:32:38 AM
LMG, I have 1 carbonlite with the CL reel, don't like it as much as a CL with with a PQ reel, it's better balanced IMHO.
Rodney

Yeah, I bet. The PQ for some reason is more of a solid feel.

Down4ttown

I wanted a CL rod for either topwater spooks or traps. If they handle like the veritas (which they should), they would be awesome

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 09:49:31 AM
I wanted a CL rod for either topwater spooks or traps. If they handle like the veritas (which they should), they would be awesome

Actions arent the same. Veritas is usually on the stiffer side.

Down4ttown

Even the moderates? I have the veritas 7' m mod and it is pretty good. I have the BP titanium in medium and it is good which is why I was thinking of adding one more at that price. With the other rod coming, I will hold off more than likely as I gotta keep the wife off my scent

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 09:53:43 AM
Even the moderates? I have the veritas 7' m mod and it is pretty good. I have the BP titanium in medium and it is good which is why I was thinking of adding one more at that price. With the other rod coming, I will hold off more than likely as I gotta keep the wife off my scent

We dont use Moderate down here silly.  lo

Down4ttown

True that ha ha

Down4ttown

What do you throw spooks on? Medium or medium heavy?

cbburke

Just got back from BPS - didnt expect to buy much.

Bought some 3700/3600 boxes (5 for $10)
9 bags of berkley powerbait chigger craw
1 ol' bag of stik-o

I might go back tomorrow and get a St. Croix MH/F.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

cojab

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 16, 2018, 10:36:46 PM
Lol they are killer. Mudfish, gar, pickerel all love them!
Still haven't caught a darn bass on a chatterbait.

lo lo
I dont know whether to say thats a good problem or a bad one.
At least your caatching I guess lo
TTK has spoken.

cojab

Hey Joe,

Just had to say, great thread you started here. I'll get you a beer soon! ~beer~
TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 11:38:28 AM
What do you throw spooks on? Medium or medium heavy?

Medium Fast

<")))>{

Bassin_VA

Wally world had Netbait baby paca in balck/blue and watermelon red for 1.50 a pack. Got the last 8.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

I think im gonna pick up a Gen4 Revo SX on ebay for $100. S.O. , a store on there already has them discounted,  and PRESDAY at checkout gets you another 20%!

<")))>{

SteveTX

Quote from: Bassin_VA on February 17, 2018, 04:04:26 PM
Wally world had Netbait baby paca in balck/blue and watermelon red for 1.50 a pack. Got the last 8.

Man that is a great buy. I use the baby and the regular paca craws a lot. In my mud colored water I stuff a Gene Larew 7mm glass rattle in them and they are deadly. The only issue is the glass rattles are a little fragile I've had bass crush them but it's worth it they are loud.

Bassin_VA

Annnd had some Cabela bucks so ordered the Fury 734C and 40#pp. Now the ice just has to melt

Down4ttown

Well I just got back from BPS. Got some shadow raps (6.97), sufix 832 line for 9.97, Livingston Pro Sizzles for 4.97, and the reel to match the rod....

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 06:58:20 PM
Well I just got back from BPS. Got some shadow raps (6.97), sufix 832 line for 9.97, Livingston Pro Sizzles for 4.97, and the reel to match the rod....

You decided to buy a K?

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Yea. It feels really good. Surprised me when I put it on the rod. Very balanced and it has me all excited to use it tomorrow

Lipripper

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 07:19:04 PM
Yea. It feels really good. Surprised me when I put it on the rod. Very balanced and it has me all excited to use it tomorrow

Hope it serves you well tomorrow and catch some fish. ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet