Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down4ttown

You and me both Lip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 17, 2018, 04:08:23 AM
Was the rack full of the Gen 1 rods? Because they are heavy and feel horrible.

<")))>{
Hey matt how much does BPS give you per rod? I looked at the add and can't make heads or tails of what they mean.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 17, 2018, 11:38:28 AM
What do you throw spooks on? Medium or medium heavy?

I throw my spooks cranks spinnerbaits on a 13 fishing Defy MH M crank rod.
It's not ideal for the big topwaters I find the tip to be a little too slow.
I bought it though cause it's rated for the big lures.
It might actually be the right rod for the job, I don't know. I've yet to miss or lose a fish on it and I've caught a few good ones on the spook. But they've basically hooked themselves. Between the mono and the slow tip there's a lot of give. :-/

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cbburke on February 17, 2018, 03:06:52 PM
Just got back from BPS - didnt expect to buy much.

Bought some 3700/3600 boxes (5 for $10)
9 bags of berkley powerbait chigger craw
1 ol' bag of stik-o

I might go back tomorrow and get a St. Croix MH/F.
Which st croix are you looking to get?

Florida Bass Fishing

cbburke

Looking at Mojo Bass or Avid X at MH.  Depends on what they have there.
Just like all of us, we have too much rods /reels.

New Purchase Price*:
Rods and Reels      Save
$30-48.99              $5
$49-74.99              $10
$75-99.99                    $15
$100-119.99         $20
$120-159.99         $25
$160-199.99         $30
$200-249.99        $40
$250-499.99         $50
$500 and up         $100

cojab

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 18, 2018, 06:07:02 AM
Hey matt how much does BPS give you per rod? I looked at the add and can't make heads or tails of what they mean.

Sorry for cutting in on the question to Matt but it depends on the value of the rod your buying as
I understand it.
Turn in a working rod or reel and if your new rod cost $30-49, you get $5.00 off. All the way up to the new rod being $500, you get $100 off.
The reel Im getting is $179. If I turn in an old reel, I get $30 off.
TTK has spoken.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cojab on February 18, 2018, 09:15:38 AM
Sorry for cutting in on the question to Matt but it depends on the value of the rod your buying as
I understand it.
Turn in a working rod or reel and if your new rod cost $30-49, you get $5.00 off. All the way up to the new rod being $500, you get $100 off.
The reel Im getting is $179. If I turn in an old reel, I get $30 off.

Oh I see, thanks for the answer. Thats what I was confused about. So it doesn't matter if the rod you turn in is a cheap rod or expensive rod, they are valued depending on what you get.
Cool. I've got a berkley lightning rod I don't use that I may take over there then.
Figured I'd get a bigger discount if I took 2 or 3 rods but thats not the case I guess.

Florida Bass Fishing

analfisherman

*Applies to prices marked. This program does not apply to any combo purchase. Limit 1 coupon per new rod or reel
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

cbburke

Lately - I have no idea why. I am starting to get the itch for this Daiwa SV 103. I should have grabbed one of those.

If anyone knows where I can get that for a great price. Let me know as I will be checking the BBC Forum daily to find a steal :)

cbburke

oops, double post

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cbburke on February 18, 2018, 04:44:11 PM
Lately - I have no idea why. I am starting to get the itch for this Daiwa SV 103. I should have grabbed one of those.

If anyone knows where I can get that for a great price. Let me know as I will be checking the BBC Forum daily to find a steal :)
BBC and TT are your beat bets.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cbburke

Yup - Im having good luck so far ......

When I tried to look for the core, it appears and I got it

Now I see the SV103H appear and Im about to negotiate for it.

The Monkey Bait loves me ...

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cbburke on February 18, 2018, 09:03:09 PM
Yup - Im having good luck so far ......

When I tried to look for the core, it appears and I got it

Now I see the SV103H appear and Im about to negotiate for it.

The Monkey Bait loves me ...

You're gonna love that if you can find one. I picked up several when they were getting dumped.
BeerMe

XzyluM

Not as sweet as those older SV103s, but I picked up five of the Tatula SV103 reels last week and I was impressed with how they felt right out of the box. I will have to get them spooled and on the water soon.

LgMouthGambler

And just like that, the reel monkey has bit me again. This ones gonna get a tune right out the box to see what its got.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 19, 2018, 06:48:29 AM
And just like that, the reel monkey has bit me again. This ones gonna get a tune right out the box to see what its got.
What you getting this time and what presentation you getting it for?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

zippyduck

Quote from: XzyluM on February 18, 2018, 11:16:30 PM
Not as sweet as those older SV103s, but I picked up five of the Tatula SV103 reels last week and I was impressed with how they felt right out of the box. I will have to get them spooled and on the water soon.

I have 5 and want more. Pair them with those Dobyn's and you will be set.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Down4ttown

Anything on the Zillion platform is a winner.

SFL BassHunter

The monkey got me today. Monster tackle has a 10% off and they finally got the spinnerbaits I like in the color I like in stock! Woohoo. Ordered 2 of them threadfin shad and 2 blue gill colored. Then I gave in and bought the 4 1/2 inch SWaver and the 6 inch SWaver! I'd been eyeing those things for a long time. The fact that I didn't want to pay 6.50 for shipping made me go and get the wavers that were on sale + the 10% off.
Florida Bass Fishing

Lipripper

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 19, 2018, 10:49:12 AM
The monkey got me today. Monster tackle has a 10% off and they finally got the spinnerbaits I like in the color I like in stock! Woohoo. Ordered 2 of them threadfin shad and 2 blue gill colored. Then I gave in and bought the 4 1/2 inch SWaver and the 6 inch SWaver! I'd been eyeing those things for a long time. The fact that I didn't want to pay 6.50 for shipping made me go and get the wavers that were on sale + the 10% off.
Yelp that monkey has been busy. lo lo The only thing that's saving me is that they don't have the LT Frog in the Albino color I want. ~sweat

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 19, 2018, 09:03:18 AM
What you getting this time and what presentation you getting it for?

No particular presentation, just wanna play with it.  lo

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 19, 2018, 11:02:45 AM
No particular presentation, just wanna play with it.  lo
lo lo Might as well then you can sell it and move onto the next one after your done playing with this one. ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on February 19, 2018, 11:06:40 AM
lo lo Might as well then you can sell it and move onto the next one after your done playing with this one. ;D

You just never know with me.  ;)

SFL BassHunter

Went to BPS to check out their Classic sale. What a major disappointment. Not sure if they are all this crappy or just the one by me. For one, they had 3 trackers. I always like to go look at them and dream a little. All they had was the Crappie one, a 160 and a 170 (from 2015 brand new...WHAT?)
Anyways the thing wasn't even in good shape. The vinyl on a few of the lockers was all warped and looked bad.

So I went inside. I'm used to seeing a bunch of stuff with discounts. I walked the isles and found very few items with discounts.

I did get some tungstens on sale, yum dingers on sale (They had just 2 bags of 4" dingers...)so i got those and a 4 bags of the 5". Got some pliers, a mini fish grip from rapala that was on sale, and some owner wacky hooks I was running low on.

I did go check out the reels. Held a couple Lews, held a couple Shimanos. Really liked the Chronarch MGL size and weight. There is a high chance I may end up getting one at some point when I am ready to pair a reel to a custom rod. As much as I like the Tatula's, the Chronarch feels sooo much lighter.
Anyways that is a decision for another day. lol
Florida Bass Fishing