Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 19, 2018, 02:59:11 PM
Went to BPS to check out their Classic sale. What a major disappointment. Not sure if they are all this crappy or just the one by me. For one, they had 3 trackers. I always like to go look at them and dream a little. All they had was the Crappie one, a 160 and a 170 (from 2015 brand new...WHAT?)
Anyways the thing wasn't even in good shape. The vinyl on a few of the lockers was all warped and looked bad.

So I went inside. I'm used to seeing a bunch of stuff with discounts. I walked the isles and found very few items with discounts.

I did get some tungstens on sale, yum dingers on sale (They had just 2 bags of 4" dingers...)so i got those and a 4 bags of the 5". Got some pliers, a mini fish grip from rapala that was on sale, and some owner wacky hooks I was running low on.

I did go check out the reels. Held a couple Lews, held a couple Shimanos. Really liked the Chronarch MGL size and weight. There is a high chance I may end up getting one at some point when I am ready to pair a reel to a custom rod. As much as I like the Tatula's, the Chronarch feels sooo much lighter.
Anyways that is a decision for another day. lol

Chronarch is lighter because its not a metal frame.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 19, 2018, 03:34:16 PM
Chronarch is lighter because its not a metal frame.
That's disappointing. Meh, I hate reels that flex. How does the Chronarch do as far as rigidity?
What is it some sort of carbon frame? Doubt its graphite at that price range.

Shimano calls their aluminum frames "Hagane" right?
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 19, 2018, 04:21:23 PM
That's disappointing. Meh, I hate reels that flex. How does the Chronarch do as far as rigidity?
What is it some sort of carbon frame? Doubt its graphite at that price range.

Shimano calls their aluminum frames "Hagane" right?
Its a form of composite (plastic), and if you are not putting it under any serious load, should be fine. You dont catch any big fish anyway (Oooooooooh Buuuuuuurn!) Lol.

Yes, Hagane is a fancy gimmick word for aluminum.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 19, 2018, 06:02:04 PM
Its a form of composite (plastic), and if you are not putting it under any serious load, should be fine. You dont catch any big fish anyway (Oooooooooh Buuuuuuurn!) Lol.

<")))>{
No I don't but my 10" fish feel really heavy under all them pads lol.
It's one of the things I didn't like about my Lews Team Lite.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

XzyluM

Quote from: zippyduck on February 19, 2018, 09:21:05 AM
I have 5 and want more. Pair them with those Dobyn's and you will be set.

That's the plan. I was a little sad to part with my Lew's Tournament Pros, but these Daiwa reels are pretty sweet and I think I might like them even more than the Lew's.

LgMouthGambler

I got spared. For the heck of it, I put a Daiwa Fuego CT in my ebay cart at 64.95. Then, I proceeded to checkout, and attempted the extra 20% off. The coupon was expired. Saved.

<")))>{

Down4ttown

Edge Rod showed up today. Good build quality and very light. Using it for football jigs so I got the grandmaster J-Dream and Sunline sniper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Down4ttown on February 20, 2018, 07:13:30 PM

Edge Rod showed up today. Good build quality and very light. Using it for football jigs so I got the grandmaster J-Dream and Sunline sniper.

Never heard of the Edge rods. Where you get that from?

<")))>{

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 20, 2018, 07:44:23 PM
Never heard of the Edge rods. Where you get that from?

<")))>{
Edge?  ~roflmao

Na man TW has some they are a tad pricey for my blood.

Down4ttown

Got it for cheap so not too worried. Seems nice but time will tell. Marked several large schools for our tournament in a few weeks. Let's see how she does.

caddyjoe77

im glad that monkey finally found you all after i trained him to use GPS.   ~bb  lo  :-*

BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 20, 2018, 10:41:48 PM
im glad that monkey finally found you all after i trained him to use GPS.   ~bb  lo  :-*
Just as long as he don't get my GPS wave points in there  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

pjl63

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on February 19, 2018, 06:02:04 PM

<")))>{
Hagane refers to the gearing. There are Hagane reels with plastic bodies, such as the NASCI spinning reel.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: pjl63 on February 21, 2018, 03:34:06 PM
Hagane refers to the gearing. There are Hagane reels with plastic bodies, such as the NASCI spinning reel.

No, Hagane refers to being aluminum. Whether that means the frame, gears, etc. Again, Hagane is a fancy gimmicky name used by Shimano for aluminum.

analfisherman

Hagane... A design concept for a tougher more efficient fishing reel.
HAGANE is a Shimano reel design concept created to withstand continual use and extreme abuse. HAGANE is an innovation of in-built toughness and durability, working alongside Shimano's precision engineering. (Shimano's words, not mine)

This is directly from Shimano itself.

http://www.shimanofish.com.au/articles/shimano-s-new-hagane-concept.html

They never mention 'what' the stuff is made of BUT at the same time don't refer to it as a 'material' AT ALL.
With the exception of the words, 'forged metal' used ONCE in the whole link.

Strictly MARKETING terminology.
Nothing more...nothing less.

It's just their 'concept' or  company's 'Mission Statement'.
Not really addressing a material at all.......check the link out.
NO MENTION OF MATERIALS USED IN THE WHOLE LINK?
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

LgMouthGambler

No, youre right Joe. They incorporated it to anything "metal" they are calling Hagane.

<")))>{

SteveTX

Hagane = marketing department dreaming up crap.

Already got 6 posts on this page alone talking Shimano.  ::)

Here is a in depth article on the entire Hagane topic.
https://www.bassmaster.com/gear/shimano-s-hagane-concept

cport

Ok I realize I am inviting the monkey into the room, but BPS has the Revo Rocket Hyperspeed on sale for 129.99, a 170 dollar savings. Right hand only.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

hubcap91

Went to BPS today. I love my Shimano Nasci 2500 so I decided to get a 1000 for my newest crappie rod. I bought a Favorite Fishing Balance ultralight combo on Black Friday and let me tell you that reel is garbage. So far the rod has been great but that reel had to go. Traded it in today towards the Nasci 1000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

cport

Quote from: hubcap91 on February 21, 2018, 09:17:18 PM
Went to BPS today. I love my Shimano Nasci 2500 so I decided to get a 1000 for my newest crappie rod. I bought a Favorite Fishing Balance ultralight combo on Black Friday and let me tell you that reel is garbage. So far the rod has been great but that reel had to go. Traded it in today towards the Nasci 1000.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I love my Nasci too

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on February 21, 2018, 08:53:13 PM
Ok I realize I am inviting the monkey into the room, but BPS has the Revo Rocket Hyperspeed on sale for 129.99, a 170 dollar savings. Right hand only.

Ugh, you suck!

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

I've heard good things bout the rocket. Probably would have gave into the monkey to try on out but the handle be on the wrong side.

Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on February 22, 2018, 05:55:54 AM
I've heard good things bout the rocket. Probably would have gave into the monkey to try on out but the handle be on the wrong side.

Hey, all the best hall of fame ballers shoot with both hands...I prefer right, but I have learned to use a great lefty shimano citica for certain applications. A little weird at first, but I got used to it.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SteveTX

Quote from: cport on February 22, 2018, 08:20:48 AM
Hey, all the best hall of fame ballers shoot with both hands...I prefer right, but I have learned to use a great lefty shimano citica for certain applications. A little weird at first, but I got used to it.
Did you just say lefties are a little weird, why yes you did.  ~roflmao I wouldn't take that Rick. Go buy one of them reels and tell him righties are weird too.  lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo