Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldfart9999

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 23, 2018, 05:25:14 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think that'll help Rick!!! For Matt there's no cure when he can buy them cheap, fix them up a bit then sell them for a profit.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 23, 2018, 06:26:46 AM
Don't think that'll help Rick!!! For Matt there's no cure when he can buy them cheap, fix them up a bit then sell them for a profit.
Rodney
~roflmao ~roflmao TV has it's house flippers buy cheep and fix them up and sell for more so they can buy some more and do the same thing again and  we have our Reel Flipper  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Who said I was flipping this one?  ~beer~

I got a few reels that Ive been eyeing to get, and looking to get them for $100-150 range. I completed that with the Gen4 SX, Super Duty Speed Speel, Revo Rocket, and now the Tournament Pro G. I even got the really good deal with the Fuego CT. Trying to get a few reels in my "budget challenge" arsenal. However, the Abu LV7, which is a JDM reel, I couldnt manage to get at a better price than I could from Japan Lure Shop, and dont really trust other ebay sellers with JDM purchases. That reel is just a hair over the $150 budget, but I figured the Fuego CT offset the difference.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 23, 2018, 08:10:48 AM

I got a few reels that Ive been eyeing to get, and looking to get them for $100-150 range. I completed that with the Gen4 SX, Super Duty Speed Speel, Revo Rocket, and now the Tournament Pro G. I even got the really good deal with the Fuego CT. Trying to get a few reels in my "budget challenge" arsenal. However, the Abu LV7, which is a JDM reel, I couldnt manage to get at a better price than I could from Japan Lure Shop, and dont really trust other ebay sellers with JDM purchases. That reel is just a hair over the $150 budget, but I figured the Fuego CT offset the difference.  lo
Tell me about the ABU LV7; what made you want to get it, what are the highlights of the reel?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 08:28:24 AM
Tell me about the ABU LV7; what made you want to get it, what are the highlights of the reel?

Heres the thing with the LV7, its the JDM version of the ALX. What it has are better bearings, brass gears instead of aluminum (and a 7 ratio), and the braking system has more magnets, that are more varied in power. All this, with a lighter ported spool, will help to accel it in the light bait category.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Oh, and I forgot to add the SV105HS that I grabbed from TW when they had a killer sale on them. I think it was $149, but that was before I put the carbon fiber handle, ZR bearings, RCS cork knobs, PX R cast control cap and drag star, and levelwind bearing upgrade.  lo So, maybe that doesnt count?  ~roflmao

cport

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 23, 2018, 08:38:41 AM
Heres the thing with the LV7, its the JDM version of the ALX. What it has are better bearings, brass gears instead of aluminum (and a 7 ratio), and the braking system has more magnets, that are more varied in power. All this, with a lighter ported spool, will help to accel it in the light bait category.
Thanks Matt, sounds great. Do you think this will replace your 50 for throwing light baits?
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Bassin_VA

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 21, 2018, 08:26:24 PM
Finally got my restock of bearings. Fuego CT is now an 11+1 bearing reel.

<")))>{
I got one of these at Cabelas on sale, loaded it up with some 12lb yozuri hybrid, but havent used it yet. How do they compare to the Tatula CT? Pretty much the same?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 08:50:26 AM
Thanks Matt, sounds great. Do you think this will replace your 50 for throwing light baits?

Um, thats a big negative.  lo  But, it will be a staple in my arsenal of fun. Nothing will "replace" my 50E Shimano reels. There is not a reel to this date that has the "it" factor that my 50s have, especially the way I have them set up. If you cant tell, I just have a reel obsession.  :surrender:

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassin_VA on March 23, 2018, 08:50:48 AM
I got one of these at Cabelas on sale, loaded it up with some 12lb yozuri hybrid, but havent used it yet. How do they compare to the Tatula CT? Pretty much the same?

Same reel in every aspect, minus the T Wing system.

Bassin_VA

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 23, 2018, 09:32:19 AM
Same reel in every aspect, minus the T Wing system.
Ok great. Thanks for the reply. I like the Tatula, so hopefully I can actually get out again soon, spray the yozuri with some KVD and catch something. Wife still dont know I got it and I spooled it right in front of her. My instore pickup idea worked to perfection!!

cport

Quote from: Bassin_VA on March 23, 2018, 09:37:26 AM
Ok great. Thanks for the reply. I like the Tatula, so hopefully I can actually get out again soon, spray the yozuri with some KVD and catch something. Wife still dont know I got it and I spooled it right in front of her. My instore pickup idea worked to perfection!!

Lol that's my method as well

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Bassin_VA

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 10:14:54 AM
Lol that's my method as well

I am just glad she doesnt pay attention

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 08:28:24 AM

Big mistake...
You just fell into the trap. Now he's going to tell you how awesome the reel is, and you're going to get one. Then next week he will tell you about another reel and how awesome it is then you'll get that one too. Next thing you know you'll be making a list like LMG with 15 reels he wants to buy and the funny thing is you'll never use them.

Anyways you're done.   :surrender:
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 23, 2018, 12:41:59 PM
Big mistake...
You just fell into the trap. Now he's going to tell you how awesome the reel is, and you're going to get one. Then next week he will tell you about another reel and how awesome it is then you'll get that one too. Next thing you know you'll be making a list like LMG with 15 reels he wants to buy and the funny thing is you'll never use them.

Anyways you're done.   :surrender:
Here's the big difference in that scenario...Matt can always trick out the reel and get his money back, once I buy it, it's money spent buh bye, see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya, a fishing fool and his money are soon parted, and any other money gone cliche.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
Here's the big difference in that scenario...Matt can always trick out the reel and get his money back, once I buy it, it's money spent buh bye, see ya, wouldn't wanna be ya, a fishing fool and his money are soon parted, and any other money gone cliche.

Exactly, that's why I said BIG MISTAKE! lol.  ~roflmao
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 23, 2018, 12:49:20 PM
Exactly, that's why I said BIG MISTAKE! lol.  ~roflmao
I gotta admit, I'm loving me some new Abu Rocket...

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 12:51:09 PM
I gotta admit, I'm loving me some new Abu Rocket...

Favorite reel?

They sure look really nice.
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 23, 2018, 12:51:53 PM
Favorite reel?

They sure look really nice.
No, my curado k is first, with the Rocket a very very close second. When I finally catch a fish on it, if the drag performs as well as the K, it may move up to first. When I caught that 11 lber, my drag was loose from catching dinks that morning, and she ran. The drag peeled out line smoothly, and when I slammed down the star, it stopped that big girl in her tracks. I am a big fan of Shimano drag systems.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cport on March 23, 2018, 12:59:22 PM
No, my curado k is first, with the Rocket a very very close second. When I finally catch a fish on it, if the drag performs as well as the K, it may move up to first. When I caught that 11 lber, my drag was loose from catching dinks that morning, and she ran. The drag peeled out line smoothly, and when I slammed down the star, it stopped that big girl in her tracks. I am a big fan of Shimano drag systems.

Doyo has a stronger drag system than Shimano, but its not as smooth. Locked down, you cant budge the Doyo.

SFL BassHunter

Daiwa has a stronger drag than Shimano, and a smoother drag than DOYO.

Das why I like my Tatula's.
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 23, 2018, 01:34:46 PM
Daiwa has a stronger drag than Shimano, and a smoother drag than DOYO.

Das why I like my Tatula's.

They didnt used to, but they have gotten better.

LgMouthGambler

Lipripper

Looks nice LMG and that delivery person knows your address by heart. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 23, 2018, 08:10:48 AM

We know you!!! lo lo lo As soon as you see another, you'll make enough to buy it!!! lo really nice way to do it!!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.