Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Oldfart9999

My last from the monkey, I handed him a banana then booted him to the curb!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 25, 2018, 08:12:02 AM

That should last your for most of the year.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cbburke

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on March 25, 2018, 08:12:02 AM

That is massive load of grubs ....

Oldfart9999

Quote from: cbburke on March 25, 2018, 06:54:17 PM
That is massive load of grubs ....

They're considered a spring bait but I've found they work all year for different techniques.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

Hey Steve! I finally pulled the trigger!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Bassin_VA

Quote from: Bassin_VA on March 23, 2018, 09:37:26 AM
Ok great. Thanks for the reply. I like the Tatula, so hopefully I can actually get out again soon, spray the yozuri with some KVD and catch something. Wife still dont know I got it and I spooled it right in front of her. My instore pickup idea worked to perfection!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well got to get out and use the Fuego for about an hour or so today. Unfortunately no fish, but LOVE the reel.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 26, 2018, 02:54:10 PM

<")))>{
Its worth it if you got any kind of a deal. And knowing you you slid in under the retail by a decent margin. Its a good reel Id say it was every bit as good as its competitors.

cojab

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 26, 2018, 02:54:10 PM

<")))>{

Nice LMG,
I like the way you are taking reels from a bunch of manufactures and finding ways to make them better.
TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on March 26, 2018, 04:06:07 PM
Its worth it if you got any kind of a deal. And knowing you you slid in under the retail by a decent margin. Its a good reel Id say it was every bit as good as its competitors.
You have no idea. This is probably one of the best deals I got.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

Just noticed you got the 6.8:1? Or are you planning a change on the gears when you order brass? If you change the gear ratio dont forget to order a new star drag.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on March 26, 2018, 09:13:26 PM
Just noticed you got the 6.8:1? Or are you planning a change on the gears when you order brass? If you change the gear ratio dont forget to order a new star drag.
I dont think im gonna change the gears right away. Not planning on using this reel for braid or real heavy applications. Pretty much using all the budget reels with 20lb Senshi to test them the same. All but the Fuego CT, OG Super Duty, and Gen4 Revo X. Since these reels just scream braid. Lol. The SV105HS, Gen4 SX, LV7, Revo Rocket, and Tournament Pro G are all Senshi spooled to get a somewhat similar comparison. Wow, now that I really look at the list, I went a little nuts. I think I need to order another reel bag. Lol

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 26, 2018, 09:49:58 PM
I dont think im gonna change the gears right away. Not planning on using this reel for braid or real heavy applications. Pretty much using all the budget reels with 20lb Senshi to test them the same. All but the Fuego CT, OG Super Duty, and Gen4 Revo X. Since these reels just scream braid. Lol. The SV105HS, Gen4 SX, LV7, Revo Rocket, and Tournament Pro G are all Senshi spooled to get a somewhat similar comparison. Wow, now that I really look at the list, I went a little nuts. I think I need to order another reel bag. Lol

<")))>{

LOL this is what I was saying when I said you needed an intervention! I wasn't kidding. You should get a few reel bags so that you can fill the other one soon.
You have a good assortment of reels though. Hopefully you can test them all and see which ones you like and want to keep.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Here are the reels, minus the X due to its just punching, so no need to bring to the table of overall performance.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

I had to change the handle nut collar. Lol

<")))>{

SteveTX

D.W. Verts

Was at the Wal Mart today... Discounted stuff. Monkey came up and bit me right on the behind. I bought twenty-three packages of Berkley Power Worms, and some sort of Trick worms too, for .75 and 1.00 a pack... I own a hundred pounds of plastic or more, with a Doc Irving order still in the mix. My gawd.

Oh yeah- I bought  a DT-10 for $1.50 (don't own any of them, but I'll be sure and add it to my 1000+ plug collection).

And I bought five pair of "polarized" sunglasses for $4 a pop. I know they junk polarized, but you can't buy even $5 sunglasses any more.

Got bit by that Monkey, for sure.

They also had Zoom Lizards for .88 a pack, mostly in Candy, Carolina-Rig colors. I own bag after bag of Lizards, so I passed.
Old School Bass Fishin', My Hickbilly Life, and Hickbilly Outdoors with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

Lipripper

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 27, 2018, 09:35:04 PM
Was at the Wal Mart today... Discounted stuff. Monkey came up and bit me right on the behind. I bought twenty-three packages of Berkley Power Worms, and some sort of Trick worms too, for .75 and 1.00 a pack... I own a hundred pounds of plastic or more, with a Doc Irving order still in the mix. My gawd.

Oh yeah- I bought  a DT-10 for $1.50 (don't own any of them, but I'll be sure and add it to my 1000+ plug collection).

And I bought five pair of "polarized" sunglasses for $4 a pop. I know they junk polarized, but you can't buy even $5 sunglasses any more.

They also had Zoom Lizards for .88 a pack, mostly in Candy, Carolina-Rig colors. I own bag after bag of Lizards, so I passed.
I very seldom see them kind of deals in my Wal Mart and I'm in there at least once a week buying food and stuff that I can eat like Pecans and chips. I keep looking though.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: D.W. Verts on March 27, 2018, 09:35:04 PM

Dang fishing section at my walmart stinks. They never have any of those deals.
You went all out though. I've never bought 23 bags of any 1 bait at a time lol.

Most I buy is 3 or 4 bags of uvibes cause I go through those quick.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SteveTX

I've had some good days at my Walmart but seems they don't come around like they use to. Also the brands and baits they have started carrying aren't really to my liking that much. However they do have a full isle of "stuff" so I do have some choices if I go there. 

I also never bought 20+ bags of anything.  lo I do the same as BassHunter buying 3 or 4 bags of something I use often if a good deal.

Lipripper

Quote from: SteveTX on March 29, 2018, 11:00:57 AM
I've had some good days at my Walmart but seems they don't come around like they use to. Also the brands and baits they have started carrying aren't really to my liking that much. However they do have a full isle of "stuff" so I do have some choices if I go there. 

I also never bought 20+ bags of anything.  lo I do the same as BassHunter buying 3 or 4 bags of something I use often if a good deal.
Yours and Ricks store sound just like mine. I have never bought 23 bags at one time either. The most I have bought was 10 bags of GY Senkos when I founds a great deal on them but they were all different colors.  ;D

cbburke

Nice score you got there at walmart - I have been checking out mine in the area but no luck...

SFL BassHunter

Oh monkey you have bested me again.

Buds night fishing post reminded me I needed to replace by broken cap light. Got a 2 pack for 12 bucks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Florida Bass Fishing

cport

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on March 30, 2018, 05:36:14 PM
Oh monkey you have bested me again.

Buds night fishing post reminded me I needed to replace by broken cap light. Got a 2 pack for 12 bucks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok I see Cali 420, wacky, and five 0. What are you trying to tell us?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Rick yelp that monkey knows just how to whisper in your ear.  lo lo