Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippyduck

Quote from: HTTR on April 19, 2018, 04:48:09 PM
I just stopped by Dick's because I needed weighted worm hooks. Eagle claw laser sharp 5 packs were on sale at $1.47 and on the clearance rack I found a 60 pack of laser sharp worm hooks in 4 different colors for $5 and some change. I'm true I have been gotten by the monkey but i badly need to replenish some stuff. Oh 60 split shots for 98 cents too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won't be long till you are back to get more as often as you get out.  ~bb
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

Quote from: HTTR on April 19, 2018, 04:48:09 PM
I just stopped by Dick's because I needed weighted worm hooks. Eagle claw laser sharp 5 packs were on sale at $1.47 and on the clearance rack I found a 60 pack of laser sharp worm hooks in 4 different colors for $5 and some change. I'm true I have been gotten by the monkey but i badly need to replenish some stuff. Oh 60 split shots for 98 cents too.

That's the way that monkey hits me also a little here and a little there.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

cbburke

What's another 53 bucks ?

The Items:
Plano Elite 3607 Spinnerbait Organizer     
LC Silent 2.5 BE Gill                             
LC Silent 2.5 Delta Crazy Red Craw         
2 NuJig Elite Naked Head Camo 3/8oz               
Livetarget Hollow Body Frog Black 65T             
Bronzeye King Daddy Midnight Walker                   

Tomorrow - I got another package from TackleTrap  ~c~
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Lipripper

Quote from: cbburke on April 19, 2018, 05:35:15 PM

The Items:
LC Silent 2.5 BE Gill                             

Yelp that monkey has been by you house also and twisted your arm into buying all that stuff.  ~roflmao ~roflmao

domination2580

It got me too. 160$ in one trip on payday...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

The Items:
LC Silent 2.5 BE Gill                             

Whag you get from The Trap? I gots me a rod from them today.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SteveTX

The Items:
LC Silent 2.5 BE Gill                             

I want to hear how you like the Plano Elite 3607 Spinnerbait Organizer after you have had it and used it a little while. I got 2 of those and the small crank bait one also. I really like the crankbait organizer its really sweet. You can see all the baits they arent beating the paint off each other either.

HTTR

Maybe this thread will help feed the monkey in some way. I can get my fix just hearing about everyone's shopping hauls and I continue to spend a nice crisp $20 bill every once in a while haha.

Lipripper

Quote from: HTTR on April 20, 2018, 10:28:26 AM
Maybe this thread will help feed the monkey in some way. I can get my fix just hearing about everyone's shopping hauls and I continue to spend a nice crisp $20 bill every once in a while haha.

We must of went to the same school of how to make the bait monkey (and wife) happy and not spend a whole lot at one time.  ;D

cbburke

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2018, 08:22:26 PM
Whag you get from The Trap? I gots me a rod from them today.

<")))>{

Well Well - Was suppose to get the Steez 103 R+ spool

The post office says that it has been delivered on thursday and I am not seeing it. I have made a phone call the USPS to address this. I have also informed tackle trap about this.

Its funny that I got my Tacklewarehouse shipment on that same day without any issues (UPS) but not my STEEZ Spool.  ~rant

cbburke

Quote from: cbburke on April 20, 2018, 06:37:20 PM

The post office says that it has been delivered on Thursday and I am not seeing it. I have made a phone call the USPS to open a case to track it down. They said that they delivered it at 5:54pm that day which I arrived home at 6:10pm as Wife and I were eating at Chiptole. 

I have also informed tackle trap about this.

Its funny that I got my Tacklewarehouse shipment on that same day without any issues (UPS) but not my STEEZ Spool.  ~rant

cbburke

It just makes me mad ....I really wanted that spool this weekend.

Lipripper

The post office says that it has been delivered on thursday and I am not seeing it. I have made a phone call the USPS to address this. I have also informed tackle trap about this.

Hope they get it figured out. I hate it when they say something was delivered and it's not there.  ~xyz

cbburke

Well Well - Was suppose to get the Steez 103HA R+ spool for the Zillion 103H

cbburke

cbburke

cbburke

Sorry for the post - Something is wrong with my browser :)

Lipripper

Quote from: cbburke on April 20, 2018, 06:45:22 PM
Sorry for the post - Something is wrong with my browser :)
~sweat There for a second I thought you were getting mad at the monkey for stealing your stuff so you would have to buy more.  lo lo

SteveTX

SFL BassHunter

Tomorrow I plan on fishing. For the first time in a couple weeks. I am going to be experimenting with some new items. I had mentioned the monkey got me, but never mentioned what it made me buy.

I wanted to go with a lighter frog reel than the Tatula CT I am currently using. Sure the CT isn't heavy and it palms well, but I want to maximize my stamina and the way to do that is to lighten the weight of my frog rig.
Got a hell of a good price on a Helios LP reel, and noticed they had a 7' Heavy Helios Rod as well to match.
The rod and reel together are about 10oz combined which is fantastic. The reel is 6.3 and the rod is between 3.6 and 4 oz. It is LIGHT.

A few weeks ago on Lou's boat in our frogging extravaganza early in the day I caught my 6'5" 13 fishing frog rod with the back seat, as I turned about a foot off the tip snapped off. I am going to be sending it in soon, but I needed another rod in the meantime and thought I would give the Helios a try. Once I get the replacement Muse the helios will probably turn into a backup frog rod/jig rod unless it absolutely impresses me.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Captsteve

looks nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Captsteve on April 20, 2018, 07:57:04 PM
looks nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It does.
I like Lime Green lol. Not everyones taste but it works for me.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SteveTX

Quote from: SFL BassHunter on April 20, 2018, 09:17:35 PM
It does.
I like Lime Green lol. Not everyones taste but it works for me.
That reel might look great on a Fury rod.  :)

I have a Okuma Komodo KDR-273V Its not a bad reel. Very compact like a Lew's pretty smooth also. I really like the way the side cover comes off with no release to have to be unscrewed, pulled, or pushed. I wish I had at least a 90mm or 95mm handle for it, and the brake was adjustable from the outside. I would probably use it more.

LgMouthGambler

Man, I must have been drinking a few nights ago and made a bid on a crazy cheap factory Shimano 50E spool that was brand new. I got an alert this morning that I had to pay up.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2018, 08:45:28 AM
Man, I must have been drinking a few nights ago and made a bid on a crazy cheap factory Shimano 50E spool that was brand new. I got an alert this morning that I had to pay up.  lo
LMG your always drinking so don't try and pass your addiction of having to buy stuff off on that.  lo lo