Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangerfield

Got my 703sf in the mail a couple of weeks ago, spooled up and ready to go. Picked up some tokyo rigs, hula sticks, menace grubs and custom leeches at the Spring Fishing show this past weekend. My brother in law had to 1up me on the finesse rod and bought a 7" Zodias and paired it with a Stradic ci4, man is that combo light and the design on the rod is beautiful/stealth. Bonus came in, I'm itching to get a 705CB and maybe upgrade my Sedona to a Ballistic or Tatula LT... not sure I can get both past my wife  :surrender:

cbburke

Am thinking of selling one of the Curado 70 for Dobyns 705CB Glass (Fast).

If I do get that, I am gotta pair it up with the SV103H/steez spool.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

SteveTX

Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work to pick up a few things. No one told me they had the biggest clearance sale I ever saw in the fishing department. I got the scraps as the pegs that had yellow clearance tags were all but empty.
1/4 oz SK Bitsy Flip jigs $1 ea I got the last 3 all black n blue
1/2 oz SK Premier Pro-Model Jig $1.50 ea got the last 2 also in black n blue
3/8 oz SK Hack Attack Heavy Cover Swim Jig $2.50 ea got one of the last 2.
1/2 oz BooYah Boo Jig $1.50 ea got the last 2 one in black n blue one in green watermelon red
150 yds 40lb Sufix 832 in low vis green $7 ea (completely out of 50 and 65lb  ~rant)
3/16 oz SK Red Eyed special $2.50 ea in white also the last one
10pk of Zoom salty super fluke in white ice $1.50 ea I dont use these much or I would have cleaned up they had a bunch
Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog in King Toad color $4.00 last one of these. These frogs are pretty good except the legs get pulled off and are not replaceable.
SK KVD "woops"y Frog in green pumpkin pearl belly $4.50 ea I got the last 2

Thank goodness I wasnt there when the Sufix first went on sale. ~sweat I would have cleaned the 65 and 50lb pegs out.  :shocking:

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: SteveTX on February 23, 2019, 08:38:39 PM
Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work to pick up a few things. No one told me they had the biggest clearance sale I ever saw in the fishing department. I got the scraps as the pegs that had yellow clearance tags were all but empty.
1/4 oz SK Bitsy Flip jigs $1 ea I got the last 3 all black n blue
1/2 oz SK Premier Pro-Model Jig $1.50 ea got the last 2 also in black n blue
3/8 oz SK Hack Attack Heavy Cover Swim Jig $2.50 ea got one of the last 2.
1/2 oz BooYah Boo Jig $1.50 ea got the last 2 one in black n blue one in green watermelon red
150 yds 40lb Sufix 832 in low vis green $7 ea (completely out of 50 and 65lb  ~rant)
3/16 oz SK Red Eyed special $2.50 ea in white also the last one
10pk of Zoom salty super fluke in white ice $1.50 ea I dont use these much or I would have cleaned up they had a bunch
Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog in King Toad color $4.00 last one of these. These frogs are pretty good except the legs get pulled off and are not replaceable.
SK KVD "woops"y Frog in green pumpkin pearl belly $4.50 ea I got the last 2

Thank goodness I wasnt there when the Sufix first went on sale. ~sweat I would have cleaned the 65 and 50lb pegs out.  :shocking:

That braid is a killer deal.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

ike8120

The bait monkey talked me into buying a Dobyns Fury 702SF and KK Sharky lll 2000. This is my fourth Dobyns Fury.  :surrender:
Gary (ike8120)

"It's not whats best......It's whats best for you"

caddyjoe77

Bait monkey said he's mad about you all not buying enough stuff.
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on April 11, 2019, 12:26:09 PM

Hes been here with me the past 6 months.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on April 11, 2019, 12:26:09 PM
When he pays my bills and medical I'll let him back in the house, maybe. lo lo ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

SteveTX

He could just pay my taxes and I might not be so pissed off at him.  ~rant

Dangerfield

The Monkey's been working overtime and persuaded me to stop into a local shop on my way into work. Left with 3 bags of Z-Man Trick Shots, they're a drop shot bait that I plan on using to drag on bottom and pitching into grass. They look amazing rigged on an Owner Ultrahead Bullet or Ball to keep it weedless. Oh an I picked up a couple of Rat-L-Traps because I've never fished a lipless.

Lipripper

Quote from: Dangerfield on April 12, 2019, 08:03:00 AM
The Monkey's been working overtime and persuaded me to stop into a local shop on my way into work. Left with 3 bags of Z-Man Trick Shots, they're a drop shot bait that I plan on using to drag on bottom and pitching into grass. They look amazing rigged on an Owner Ultrahead Bullet or Ball to keep it weedless. Oh an I picked up a couple of Rat-L-Traps because I've never fished a lipless.
Like Layes potato chips you can't eat just one. ha..ha

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 11, 2019, 03:26:21 PM
Hes been here with me the past 6 months.  lo

you've not been feeding him!!  He came by the house.  I had him bring me some beers!! I even let him have one. 
BeerMe

Oldfart9999

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on April 16, 2019, 09:59:58 PM
you've not been feeding him!!  He came by the house.  I had him bring me some beers!! I even let him have one.
That's very nice of you, keep it up, we don't need him nosing around us.
Rodney

CraigP83

I caved

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 19, 2019, 09:38:15 AM
I caved

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I see that monkey found his way to you house.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

I imagine now that spring is officially here the monkey will be showing up at a lot more people's houses a lot more often.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on April 19, 2019, 01:20:43 PM
I imagine now that spring is officially here the monkey will be showing up at a lot more people's houses a lot more often.

Supposed to get all that done during the winter, so you are ready to go for the spring. Slacker.... lo

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2019, 02:41:34 PM
Supposed to get all that done during the winter, so you are ready to go for the spring. Slacker.... lo
  Truth.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

caddyjoe77

the bait monkey and I had a retirement ceremony -- he agreed to move on since we had a discussion that I had every reel and rod I want -- but he could still visit me when I need new plastics or something. 

BeerMe

cookieman

redux

I got bit by the Expride bug recently. Just going to buy one I said. Well, it wouldn't be bad to get a nice spinning setup too. Oh look they have have a sweet ML bait casting rod. Oh...that 8' would be a great pitching rod if I just cut a couple inches off the butt...and they all need Shimano 71s...and that Stradic is a must have as well...all the 71s need full ceramic bearings...
You can't win of you're not in.

MrSmitty

3 months ago i owned zero Dobyns rods.........now I own 4

zippyduck

Quote from: MrSmitty on May 14, 2019, 09:33:19 PM
3 months ago i owned zero Dobyns rods.........now I own 4

The potato chip thing gets all of us.
I only own 5 now but am adding more a little later this year.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Oldfart9999

The only thing I bought this year, so far, is a new cover for my boat, the old one had a few holes. For the first time since it opened, I missed the Spring Fling at the BPS up the road, by choice, just don't need much.
Rodney

FISH520

Damn frog monkey. A lil order for some frog gear. Going to make it a focus to get good at frogn. The slx feels great in hand and went with a beginners rod. But the match up pretty nice in the balance department.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk