Bait Monkey -- You're Fired (Confessional)!!

Started by caddyjoe77, March 31, 2017, 01:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apenland01

Sicko.......

There's treatment options available..........

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: apenland01 on June 26, 2019, 02:19:46 AM
Sicko.......

He's way past treatments...

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: apenland01 on June 26, 2019, 02:19:46 AM
Sicko.......

I have a daily regiment.  ~beer~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

tomorrow evening, many more tackle stores to explore that are close to the new residence....oh jeezus here we go.  The F'n monkey called me from one of them and just laughed when i picked up the phone to say hello.  F'n Jerk that monkey is!!

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on June 26, 2019, 12:15:59 PM
tomorrow evening, many more tackle stores to explore that are close to the new residence....oh jeezus here we go.  The F'n monkey called me from one of them and just laughed when i picked up the phone to say hello.  F'n Jerk that monkey is!!

lo

How far are you from BOAZ?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

allaboutfun

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 25, 2019, 08:01:48 PM
Crap, I've got a problem...

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
I might be able to lighten your load brother. I'm looking for a lefty in a higher ratio for flipping. Prefer a Daiwa or Shimano.

cbburke

Cant believe that no one got bit by the monkey for the last three months. It cant be :)

Wanted to get a low speed for chatterbait so I decided to get the OG Zillion 100pa included the 100mm handle into my arsenal of choice.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

Smallie_Stalker

Oh I did. I just haven't posted in this thread.

In August alone I got a new Daiwa reel, 8 frogs, some new braid and 2 orders from Lockett Lures. And that doesn't include the Doc Irv and X Zone Lures I won recently in the contests here I got this month.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

apiazza

Broke a junk rod so I bought a not junk rod and figured might as well get a new not junk spinner. Dobyns colt 702SF with a daiwa legalis LT 2500.

Order that about 12 hours after picking up a shimano slx at dicks with some coupons I had about to expire.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on September 14, 2019, 06:28:07 PM
Oh I did. I just haven't posted in this thread.

In August alone I got a new Daiwa reel, 8 frogs, some new braid and 2 orders from Lockett Lures. And that doesn't include the Doc Irv and X Zone Lures I won recently in the contests here I got this month.

You been feeding that monkey again I see.  lo lo I'm sure glad all of y'all keep him feed to keep him away from my door.  lo lo apiazza that looks like a nice set up. One of these days I want to get a Dobyns rod.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

apiazza

Quote from: Lipripper on September 15, 2019, 09:33:34 AM
You been feeding that monkey again I see.  lo lo I'm sure glad all of y'all keep him feed to keep him away from my door.  lo lo apiazza that looks like a nice set up. One of these days I want to get a Dobyns rod.
This is my second in the colt line. I've been very impressed for the $80 they cost. I want to buy a heavy or medium heavy baitcaster and at that point I will probably pitch for a fury or Sierra. Just didn't have it in my budget at the moment for an unplanned purchase.

Lipripper

Quote from: apiazza on September 15, 2019, 09:57:49 AM
This is my second in the colt line. I've been very impressed for the $80 they cost. I want to buy a heavy or medium heavy baitcaster and at that point I will probably pitch for a fury or Sierra. Just didn't have it in my budget at the moment for an unplanned purchase.

I hear you on not having it in the budget  :'( When you live on a fixed income you have to be careful how you spend your money.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Lipripper on September 15, 2019, 10:16:02 AM
I hear you on not having it in the budget  :'( When you live on a fixed income you have to be careful how you spend your money.
What money? The monkey starves here.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Lipripper on September 15, 2019, 09:33:34 AM
He may come knocking on your door after all. My total out of pocket cost for everything I got was only about $32 so I didn't feed him all that much.

apiazza

I went to Wally world and inevitably found my way to the fishing section. Happens every time...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

caddyjoe77

Quote from: cbburke on September 14, 2019, 04:56:15 PM
Cant believe that no one got bit by the monkey for the last three months. It cant be :)

Wanted to get a low speed for chatterbait so I decided to get the OG Zillion 100pa included the 100mm handle into my arsenal of choice.

we just stopped admitting it.  Too much reality!!  lo

so, bought  two glide bait rods -- a muse black and a megabass orochi xx leviathan, too many glidebaits to admit, along with jigs, chatterbaits, flukes.  the plastics and such are because the others are buried in a box in the garage that i couldnt find  lo

ive been good now, for about........um....a week i guess??
BeerMe

apiazza

I got hit hard.

The Gander Outdoors by me was going out of business so I stopped by. I wish I did earlier. Picked up a Lews Mach II combo in 7'3" medium heavy for $100. I couldn't pass it up. Picked up some various plastics and a Guy Harvey hat too. I might go back for more tackle, everything 40% off.

Smallie_Stalker

I didn't post it in this thread but I also added a second Daiwa reel (A Tatula SV 103 8.1:1 Lefty), two more line purchases, some Tangle Free line conditioner and a special pair of lighted tweezers that are going to find a lot of uses.

I think that's been it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ::)

fishballer06

I snagged a 6:1 Tatula 100. On sale for $99 on eBay, and 10% eBay Bucks back. So basically $90 for a $160 reel.

That's 4 reels in the past month. Dammit, Monkey!!!  ~xyz ~rant
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: apiazza on October 30, 2019, 01:57:54 PM
I got hit hard.

The Gander Outdoors by me was going out of business so I stopped by. I wish I did earlier. Picked up a Lews Mach II combo in 7'3" medium heavy for $100. I couldn't pass it up. Picked up some various plastics and a Guy Harvey hat too. I might go back for more tackle, everything 40% off.

Be careful with the Mach reels, the frames are graphite, and are not made to handle heavy use.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: fishballer06 on October 30, 2019, 03:57:14 PM
I snagged a 6:1 Tatula 100. On sale for $99 on eBay, and 10% eBay Bucks back. So basically $90 for a $160 reel.

That's 4 reels in the past month. Dammit, Monkey!!!  ~xyz ~rant

I saw those at that price. I just couldn't justify it right now. In fact I'm about spent out for the year I think. I've got a few packs of plastics I want to pick up from X Zone this weekend but other than that,barring a miracle, any spendable money that comes my way will be going for the UB Adopt a Family for the foreseeable future.

Lipripper

I'm glad y'all are keeping that monkey busy and away from my house.  lo So keep feeding him and I will be a happy camper.  ;D