SJHT Cooper River Park Club Results Sat. April 01, 2017

Started by BigNasty06, April 01, 2017, 08:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: COOPER RIVER PARK, Pennsauken, NJ
Date: Saturday, April 01, 2017
Time: 7:00am-2:00pm
Weather: Overcast  moderate 43 degree weather start with late sunshine for a hot second peeking through the clouds.  Ending with a High around 48 Degrees.
Water Temps:  Main body was about 47.3 Degrees. Areas west of Rt. 130 Bridge range around 48.7 Degrees.
Water Clarity: Less 1.5' due to High water and heavy rain run off from previous nights torrential Rain Storm.
Wind Gust: Blowing between 10mph-20mph
Best Lure: Should have stayed in Bed.  How About That!!!
Depths fished: 3.5'~ 12.0''
Limit: 3

----------------------------------------------

Good day everyone.  Before I begin, this will be one of the shortest and to the point reports ever made my me.   It will be told by pictures and videos.

I first would like to Thank my new Family of Bass Fishermen Barrington Rod and Reel Club and I look forward to my new role and interaction with you guys!!!

My time with SJHT has run its course and it's time to move on.

However before I get rid of all my paraphanellia, Here is today's Newton Lake..... Oh My Bad Cooper River Park Tale of the Tape.

Now...Fast forward to Plan B:

Jiggen Den and Mark on the Water:

High Water levels past the Rt. 130 Overpass looking at the Golf Driving Range:

My No Mas' Moment:

COOPER RIVER TALE OF THE TAPE:

Now the Forensic analysis:  Back to Newton Lake

Still Submerged areas on Newton Lake later in the Day after our Cooper River Switch A ROO:

Underpass still impassible even later in the day: Distant View

Close-up of Steps:

Still Later in the day 2:50pmish at Newton:

Benches with water up to them:

Guy attempting to get boat back up on Trailer:

The Video Showing his dilemma:

Anyways.....Back to Today,   Today 16 SJHT members came out to do battle at Newton Lake but due to the evidence above and safety, we switched it to Cooper River Park.
Not sure if it would have made a difference as the guys that were leaving in the above video stated, they had no bites in the 3hrs that they had been on the water.

Without further adieu, please give a big shout out to Mother Nature as she really played an aweful APRIL FOOL'S JOKE on all of us!

Summary: Nothing To Show.  Next weeks D.O.D. Lake T. will include this weeks pot.

Tightlines,
BN06

Lipripper

Dang that sure is a lot of water up there.  :shocking: I don't think I would want to be out there under those conditions.
BN06 as you start on the new chapter of your fishing life with  Barrington Rod and Reel Club that you will keep stopping by here with your great reports and  ;PHO) ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

BigNasty06

Quote from: Lipripper on April 02, 2017, 08:36:44 AM
Dang that sure is a lot of water up there.  :shocking: I don't think I would want to be out there under those conditions.
BN06 as you start on the new chapter of your fishing life with  Barrington Rod and Reel Club that you will keep stopping by here with your great reports and  ;PHO) ;D

LOL!!!!  Yeah...those were the same phone calls I fielded as friends and members took note of my shirt and comments.  LOL!!!!  Great April Fools prank!!!

LippRipper....those pictures of the High water at Newton and the Boat Ramp is actually somewhat mild compared to years past when half of the park lot upon entering was filled with water.  Word on the street is that the county is doing Dam Repairs and have it capped off to a build a more sturdy concrete structure.....hence no where for the water to really drain off in the basins.

BN06