Piney Run Park 4/8/17

Started by Kris, April 09, 2017, 09:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I was once told by a guy who only fishes Piney Run "if the wind is over 10 mph stay home".  If hind site were foresight I probably should have listened.  I had just fished Piney Run on Monday, 4/3 and was comfortable with what i had planned to do.
Saturday morning Club Tournament launched with light wind and temps in the 40s.  Water temps in the low 50s most places.  I headed down toward the dam and my fellow Club Members headed toward the upper end.  By the time I got down to the dam area the wind started picking up.  Off into the protected areas and the creek arms to avoid the wind as much as possible.  I caught a total of five, 2 short and 3 measurable on Wacky Worms, green watermelon with black flake senko style with o-rings.  One fish came from a cove off the main lake where the wind didn't affect it much.
I had a decent day until I found one boat, two Club Members had 8 fish each.  We are a paper Club so their five longest would be their bag.  They outclassed me in number and longest.  Then to top it off I slid off the bumper and landed on the pier.  News at 11.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Kris and I saw the news flash  :'(

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet