Tunes on the boat

Started by CraigP83, April 12, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigP83

How do you guys go about listening to Tunes on the boat? As far as I can tell there are 3 options. I've tried the first two and since my In-Dash is old and the speakers are shot I'm going to try the bluetooth option.

In-Dash Radio:
PROs - Convenient, easy to use.
CONs - Drain cranking battery, Interference with trolling motor and other electronics?

Protable Radio:
PROs - Easy
CONs - Takes up space, Have to buy batteries

Bluetooth Speaker:
PROs - Can listen to virtually anything through the phone.
CONs - If Wi-Fi isn't available on the lake Data streaming might cut out. Drains phone battery

LgMouthGambler

I have music downloaded on my phone, and also can stream Pandora. I have a killer bluetooth speaker.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

I don't listen to tunes on the boat I get out there to escape all that noise. I only have the phone on if I'm waiting for a buddy to show up and needs us to pick them up or meet them at the ramp them it goes back off. ;D  Nothing wrong with it if you want to listen but just don't have it so loud that I can hear you the next cove over  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Polaris425

Quote from: Lipripper on April 12, 2017, 02:49:48 PM
I don't listen to tunes on the boat I get out there to escape all that noise. I only have the phone on if I'm waiting for a buddy to show up and needs us to pick them up or meet them at the ramp them it goes back off. ;D  Nothing wrong with it if you want to listen but just don't have it so loud that I can hear you the next cove over  lo lo

agreed
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

LgMouthGambler

Then you definitely dont wanna be with me.  lo I rock out with my c@ck out!
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

CraigP83

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 12, 2017, 02:25:24 PM
I have music downloaded on my phone, and also can stream Pandora. I have a killer bluetooth speaker.

What speaker to you have? I've been looking at a few but haven't pulled the trigger yet

CraigP83

Nothing better than listening to the ball game while fishing  lo

flowerjohn

I play an endless loop of my ex wife nagging at me for going fishing all the time. I can fish all day to that!

This message sent via the FC network.

Montyb64

I have one that I installed and I like it when I want to turn it on but honestly most of the time it stays off and I just enjoy the silence but needless to say when I want music I do like having the one in under the console.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: flowerjohn on April 12, 2017, 06:19:17 PM
I play an endless loop of my ex wife nagging at me for going fishing all the time. I can fish all day to that!

~roflmao ~roflmao

Bassinkorea

I have the Lowrance Sonichub installed in my boat. I love music, and during fishing is no different.
I always have my ipod on random and there has been several times when the bass would only bite when a Metallica song came on!!
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Oldfart9999

Quote from: WarriorRiverTackle on April 12, 2017, 03:13:15 PM
agreed
Absolutely!!!!

Quote from: flowerjohn on April 12, 2017, 06:19:17 PM

You're a sick man John!! ~roflmao ~roflmao ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

All I want to hear when I'm fishing is nature. If a tadpole farts, I wanna here it.

I do love listening to music, just not when I'm fishing. I used to have a set of earbuds as well as a bluetooth headset that I could link to the phone and listen to tunes while a was running, but unless I'm someplace like Guntersville or Norman, most of my runs aren't much longer than one song.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

cport

Quote from: Bassinkorea on April 13, 2017, 05:22:18 AM
I have the Lowrance Sonichub installed in my boat. I love music, and during fishing is no different.
I always have my ipod on random and there has been several times when the bass would only bite when a Metallica song came on!!
That's....freaking....awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Lipripper

Quote from: Princeton_Man on April 13, 2017, 08:45:08 AM
All I want to hear when I'm fishing is nature. If a tadpole farts, I wanna here it.

I do love listening to music, just not when I'm fishing. I used to have a set of earbuds as well as a bluetooth headset that I could link to the phone and listen to tunes while a was running, but unless I'm someplace like Guntersville or Norman, most of my runs aren't much longer than one song.
When Crappie fishing we watch for the bubbles around the stumps  ;D

cport

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 12, 2017, 03:34:22 PM
What speaker to you have? I've been looking at a few but haven't pulled the trigger yet
What have you been looking at? I'd you want something portable, I love my UE Boom. It's small, holds a charge well, can act as a speaker phone if you are streaming from phone, and sounds great. It can accept inputs from two bluetooth sources, can be paired with another UE Boom speaker, and is waterproof. And much cheaper than Beats or Sonic.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 12, 2017, 03:34:22 PM

I really dont remember off hand. Let me check when I get home later,

LgMouthGambler

DocIrv

Personally I find it obtrusive when another fisherman blasts his music while fishing. Like many others I go fishing to get away from the world and that includes music. If  you want to listen to it that is fine as long as you either keep the volume down or use headphones or ear buds. One time when my wife and I were camping the campers next to us started blasting their music. It was loud and obnoxious and I asked them to lower the volume but they did not. My wife is a classically trained musician and I also like classical music so we just started to play Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in the car radio at full volume with the windows and doors open. The got the hint and silence finally prevailed.
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 13, 2017, 09:03:57 PM
Jam Thrills.

<")))>{
Should make bagpipes sound great!!! lo ;)
Rodney

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Oldfart9999 on April 14, 2017, 07:08:57 AM
Should make bagpipes sound great!!! lo ;)
Rodney
It does, when I listen to Dropkick Murphys

<")))>{

Oldfart9999

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 14, 2017, 07:12:30 AM
It does, when I listen to Dropkick Murphys

<")))>{
I was thinking of one of the HighLand Regiment bands, now that's music!!! ;D ;D :) :)
Rodney

Deadeye

Wal Mart has had for the last several years during the Christmas Shopping Season in the aisle displays a Blue Tooth speaker for like $20.00.

They actually work pretty good. I bought one for my old boat but really couldn't find a place to keep it and haven't taken it with me yet on the new boat.

Also my new Iphone 7 Plus has great speakers in it already. I use it when working on something out in the shed or while riding my bicycle.