Baits For New Water

Started by FlatsNBay, April 12, 2017, 05:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlatsNBay

You are bank fishing a brand new body of water. What's your go to bait to see if the water holds any bass?

For me my go to lure is a Texas rigged Zoom finesse worm. I always carry a variety of colors depending on the water clarity and conditions. If there are bass in there, they will hit the finesse worm!!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

cport

For me, it's always a zoom fluke. I can use it as a search bait working fast, or target likely hiding spots using a cast, sink, and wait method. I have also fished the tiny flukes nose hooked on a Mojo rig as a finesse technique

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Capt. BassinLou

My go to bank fishing baits are always in my waist pack. Spinnerbaits, jigs, UV worms, trick worms, stick baits, ribbon tail worms and a frog. So whenever I fish a new body of water that waist pack comes with me.
When I went to Central Florida a couple of months ago, I fished a pond for a couple of days and a 1/2 oz  shiner spinner bait made the outings very fun .

LgMouthGambler

UV worm. Searching for fish.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FloridaFishinFool

Calcutta swimbait. Zoom swimming fluke next...
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

FISH520

Lipless crank

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SFL BassHunter

New lake, bank fishing, find out if there are bass? There are 2 baits. That is all you need for a new body of water.
4" BPS Stick-O and U-Vibe

If you can't get bites on either of those, pack up and find another pond or lake. There ain't no fish in that one.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 12, 2017, 06:43:07 PM
My go to bank fishing baits are always in my waist pack. Spinnerbaits, jigs, UV worms, trick worms, stick baits, ribbon tail worms and a frog. So whenever I fish a new body of water that waist pack comes with me.
When I went to Central Florida a couple of months ago, I fished a pond for a couple of days and a 1/2 oz  shiner spinner bait made the outings very fun .
What if you had to only pick one?

Capt. BassinLou

If I can only choose one bait. I would throw a spinnerbait.

Lipripper

Quote from: FlatsNBay on April 12, 2017, 08:22:25 PM
What if you had to only pick one?

A Texas rigged GY Senko

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

basss

Spinner, top-water rapala, and a softbait of some sort (worm, brush hog, or creature bait).
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard