Are You Florida guys safe

Started by Pacific NW Ron, April 23, 2017, 07:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

I've been hearing about all the fires in Florida and hoping that you Florida guys are all safe and not in danger.  Sounds pretty bad around a big part of the state.
Don't take any chance's and stay safe.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: sportsmansfriend on April 23, 2017, 07:22:08 PM
I've been hearing about all the fires in Florida and hoping that you Florida guys are all safe and not in danger.  Sounds pretty bad around a big part of the state.
Don't take any chance's and stay safe.
Ron
Thanks for your concern Ron. The majority of the South Fl gang live in metropolitan areas, and although brush fires can start up from time to time, they are quickly put out by the fire dept.
I can't speak for our Central, and North Florida crew however.

SFL BassHunter

Thanks for the concern Ron. Down here in South Florida we have had some fires out in the glades. We got a ton of water today for the first time in a long while. Heck part of my front yard was flooded. No fires affecting me so far thank goodness.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

West6550

Central FL near HWY 60 has been getting hammered. Burned sever houses and hundreds of campers near frostproof. Aka just west of Lake Kissimmee and Grape Hammock.. it actually burned up to Grape Hammock road as a matter of fact a few weeks back.

LgMouthGambler

If there were any down here, all that rain yesterday probably took care of it. Lol

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Deadeye

The Daily Report on the news shows anywhere from 27-40 Wildfires burning on any given day right now.

Closest one to me was just across the Interstate I-4 between Orange City and Deltona. A car caught fire while driving west on I-4 and the flames jumped to the woods and started them on fire. Over 400 acres was burnt. Came up to several Housing Complex's and the local Home Depot/Wal Mart Plaza, but the rest of the area did not have development on it. Smoke was so thick in the mornings that it was hard to see to drive.

West of Deland on Rt-44 the was one that burnt on both sides of the road and took some homes with it. Over 800 acres last I heard.

It is so dry here that the Ramps are so low you have to be careful or you'll drive off the edge of the concrete and be stuck.

kadas

yes the dry weather and brisk winds have been keeping the fire personal busy.  That fire several weeks ago East of Frostproof displaced a lot of people for a while and unfortunately some of them had nothing to come back to. Sure would be horrible to have to see your residence burn up and there is nothing you can do about it. They fought that fire for about 4  days if I remember right. They thought they had it under control and it jumped hwy 60 and took off again.  I know the lakes are really losing water fast around this area and getting shallow.

spetro

Here's a link I use.  It shows all active fires in Florida.  I moved out of South Florida but still have a place on the St. Johns river in the Ocala forest.
v
v
http://www.freshfromflorida.com/content/download/74707/2127803/ActiveWildfires2017_map_ActiveWildfires.pdf

basss

We could def use some rain, that's for sure.
1995 Gheenoe Highsider
2018 12' Bote HD Paddleboard

Pacific NW Ron

Glad to hear you guys are all OK.
Ron
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Oldfart9999

Thankfully you all sound ok, just stay safe!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.