Travel cover for the Pro Team 195 TXW?

Started by Team KaRu, April 18, 2017, 04:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team KaRu

I purchased mine from BPS and it is the same model that was for the 175 Tracker model...?
It is really snug and tight fitting.. My question is will they last while driving a 500 mile trip?
PB: 10.3 lbs - Lake Fork

Pondprowlers

used mine all the time towing with no problem. id suggest maybe running an extra strap around the front section across the deck and under the boat to tighten the cover down more. that section tends to fill with air from the wind/air stream on the highway. with an extra strap around that section it shouldnt be to bad. the side straps near the seating area help keep that down and tight during driving. now that the weather is nice out and if i head out with no rain in forcast, i just drive without it. but it stays in the car incase of rain.

gatorglenn

If it's the Dowco brand it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 PT 175 TX
Mercury 60 hp

proptwister

Here is where I ordered a cover for my 195 TXW.  Little more money but i went with the upgraded Sunbrella fabric (its the same fabric I have on my Colbalt R7) it fits very well, has reinforcements sewn where needed over the TM, corners, ect, and includes a cover for the motor and a nice mesh carrying bag.

Boat Covers Direct
Product: Custom Boat Cover
Part #10050A
Material: 9.25 oz. Sunbrella Acrylic
Color: Linen
Manufacturer: BASS TRACKER / TRACKER / SUNTRACKER
Model: PRO TEAM 195 TXW SC W/ 12 VOLT FACTORY TM
Years: 16-17
Quantity: 1
Price: $569.27

Product: Tie-down Kit and Storage Bag
Part #61001
Carver Tie-down and Bag Combo - Promo
Quantity: 1
Price: $0.00

Subtotal: $569.27
Shipping: $0.00

Total: $569.27

Team KaRu

Quote from: gatorglenn on April 24, 2017, 04:37:15 AM
If it's the Dowco brand it should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it is the Dowco brand.

195TXW

I would say that it depends mostly on what type and grade of material the cover is made of. I think this is where the saying, "You get what you paid for," may apply. Some covers are mostly just dust covers where others are  designed to stay on the boat while in transit.

Team KaRu

Boat cover sags with rainwater and fills boat. Poles that came with this cover are useless. Any help?

Lipripper

Build a dummy console out of thin plywood and put it on the other side to hold the cover up there also. :)

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

195TXW

Mine is a Tracker Pro Team 195TXW Tournament Edition. The only difference I'm aware of is that Tournament Edition has a 24 volt 70 lb. thrust Min Kota trolling motor. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but so far two of the covers I've bought did not fit the 98" beam width and the full length of the boat over the trolling motor.

Anyone have a Tournament Edition with a cover?

Team KaRu

Same problem here... It is less than a year old, never traveled, just on/off when stored. Tearing at the back corners. Waste of hundreds$$$

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Team KaRu on October 18, 2017, 05:49:06 PM
Same problem here... It is less than a year old, never traveled, just on/off when stored. Tearing at the back corners. Waste of hundreds$$$
I'd be back at the service desk ready to make a scene!!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

jyu87

Quote from: 195TXW on September 29, 2017, 08:41:57 AM
Mine is a Tracker Pro Team 195TXW Tournament Edition. The only difference I'm aware of is that Tournament Edition has a 24 volt 70 lb. thrust Min Kota trolling motor. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but so far two of the covers I've bought did not fit the 98" beam width and the full length of the boat over the trolling motor.

Anyone have a Tournament Edition with a cover?

You need to go custom, especially if you're going to tow with it on. It's better safe than sorry while you're running at 80MPH.

That's my vote. Planning to do the same on my 2018 Tracker 190TX.
2018 Tracker 190TX
Mercury 115 ProXS
Lowrance HDS 12 & 9 Gen3