Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All in one plastic kit?  (Read 443 times)

acwatkins

• Smallmouth
All in one plastic kit?
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:15:45 AM »

I've been toying with the idea of pouring my own plastics for a while now and I'm ready to get started. I was wondering if anyone could recommend an all in one kit or if it would be better to piece it out? I've seen some kits on eBay but I was skeptical.  I have no pouring experience so any and all advice is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
Re: All in one plastic kit?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:11:15 AM »

We have a few folks around here that do their own who might steer you in the right direction . You could ask Doc Irv since he does it for a living he would know all about it.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

bigjim5589

Re: All in one plastic kit?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 08:25:17 AM »

I don't pour plastics yet, but have been pouring lead for many years. I've repacked bulk plastics & got supplies from Lurecraft (http://www.lurecraft.com). Don't know if they have a starter kit, so you might try calling or emailing them and asking. They carry all types of pouring supplies, and many molds so shouldn't be difficult to make up a kit with molds for baits you'll use a lot. Maybe you can get a good deal on what you need to get started!  :-*

I also agree with Lip, Doc Irv would be the man to talk to about pouring plastics.

There have been some posts about pouring plastics in this forum in the past, so a search should produce some information. I'm sure there's also posts on Youtube & other places on the WWW. Lurecraft has some information on their site as well.

The best tip I can give is that safety should be first & foremost. You need to be very aware of all the safety requirements for the pouring you'll be doing. With lead, it's extremely hot, and there are some possible fumes & other hazards associated with lead. I have gloves, a leather apron, a respirator & other items I use when pouring & painting lead, and I know & follow procedures for safely handling lead around my house.

I'm sure it's the same with plastics. You'll be dealing with hot plastic, possibly toxic fumes & other hazards. Don't ever take your safety, the area you'll be working in or the safety of others for granted. Tackle making can be a very safe hobby but only if you know the possible hazards, know the proper safety procedures, use the proper PPE for the materials you'll be using! Never take safety for granted. ~shade
No one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being UNDER it!
Fanatical Fly Tyer & Tackle Maker! It's Not Just A Hobby, It's An OBSESSION!!
http://tidewaterflyblog.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 1.715 seconds with 36 queries.