Shimano Calcutta Conquest 50

Started by LgMouthGambler, April 19, 2017, 10:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

I have been searching everywhere for 3 years. Prices were ridiculous for these. Finally, just finally, I found one in really good shape for a killer price. I have bought a few reels from this Japan vender, and they are always what he describes. This one was no exception. Here she is, one of my highest Holy Grail reels.

Its perfect. And its soo tiny!

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Good for you Matt and I know the wait was worth it.  ~c~ ~c~ This is one you will be keeping for a long while  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Lipripper on April 19, 2017, 11:02:33 AM
Good for you Matt and I know the wait was worth it.  ~c~ ~c~ This is one you will be keeping for a long while  ~roflmao ~roflmao

Loooooooong time.  ~c~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

flowerjohn

Man that is a beautiful reel!! Congratulations Large!!!

This message sent via the FC network.

Lee Smith

Send it on over, will need to check and make sure the gearing is working correctly!  :-*  ;D
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

cortman

Wow! Congrats man! That 50 size is highly sought after. ~c~ ~c~ What gear ratio/ipt, and what do you plan on using it for?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: cortman on April 19, 2017, 11:45:48 AM
Wow! Congrats man! That 50 size is highly sought after. ~c~ ~c~ What gear ratio/ipt, and what do you plan on using it for?
Its low 20IPT. I plan on using it for...the hell if I know right now. Lol. I just wanna get line on it and play with it. Lol

<")))>{

cortman

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 19, 2017, 12:09:11 PM
Its low 20IPT. I plan on using it for...the hell if I know right now. Lol. I just wanna get line on it and play with it. Lol

<")))>{
Lol I know that feeling exactly. Some reels you buy and then figure out what you'll use them for.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

LgMouthGambler

Oldfart9999

Going to use it to turn the alternator/ lo ;) Cool looking reel!
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Down4ttown

That is number 5 on my list. Definitely wouldn't mind having one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

I spooled it last night and tossed it a bit this morning. Very pleased with the abilities of this reel. This will be great for my T Rigged lizards as it will keep me slowed down a bit with them.

coldbasser

In God we trust, but evil occurred when good men do nothing

cojab

Yep, don't have a clue what I'd use it for but it sure is purdy.
TTK has spoken.

LgMouthGambler

Played with it a bit on lunch and caught a bass on it. I will say that it is gonna take a bit to get used to this reels ergonomics. But overall Im really liking this thing. I jusg need to find a rod that compliments the palmability of this reels shape.

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

It looks really nice! I looked it up cause I got curious. Good review on that thing. But that 70mm handle would drive me insane. I have issues with 85mm being to small.

For me that would be one of those reels I would put up on the shelf as decoration lol.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 21, 2017, 08:14:27 AM
It looks really nice! I looked it up cause I got curious. Good review on that thing. But that 70mm handle would drive me insane. I have issues with 85mm being to small.

For me that would be one of those reels I would put up on the shelf as decoration lol.

Its funny cause my Wife asked me if this was one for the shelf or if I was gonna use it cause she was quite impressed with it.  lo

FISH520

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 21, 2017, 08:14:27 AM

Agreed and i dont know if i could get use to a round reel.
But its sure a pretty lil reel.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FISH520 on April 21, 2017, 09:18:03 AM
Agreed and i dont know if i could get use to a round reel.
But its sure a pretty lil reel.

Its not really a typical round reel as its not bulky at all. It does still palm a bit different than say a low profile reel, but its in no way as bulky as a 100 or 200 series Calcutta.

Down4ttown

I actually just got the Morrum ZX and I love it for swimbaits. Feel like the round reel really excels at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 20, 2017, 01:41:40 PM
Played with it a bit on lunch and caught a bass on it. I will say that it is gonna take a bit to get used to this reels ergonomics. But overall Im really liking this thing. I jusg need to find a rod that compliments the palmability of this reels shape.

<")))>{

I know a guy lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on April 21, 2017, 12:32:17 PM
I know a guy lo
Actually hate the way it sits on the seat Dobyns uses. As much as I hated the seat on the Fenwick Aetos, this reel feels better in hand on it. Cant figure that out. Lol

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2017, 01:17:19 PM
Actually hate the way it sits on the seat Dobyns uses. As much as I hated the seat on the Fenwick Aetos, this reel feels better in hand on it. Cant figure that out. Lol

<")))>{

No way! That Aetos seat is horrible! That tiny nub for a trigger destroys my finger on hooksets. I can't imagine any reel feeling good on that rod. lol
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

kadas

Beautiful reel!!  Always great to finally find the reel that you have been looking for so long at a decent price and in great shape!    Congrats