Shimano Calcutta Conquest 50

Started by LgMouthGambler, April 19, 2017, 10:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j102

LgMouthGambler

Decided to do some poking around for something to accent this reel. I found a nice gold, swept 90mm handle that will accept Daiwa knobs. I guess now I have a place for those RCS corks I've been holding on to. It's gonna be a good while before I see this handle, but will be worth the wait.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Here is the look I'm going for.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 21, 2017, 07:46:37 PM
Here is the look I'm going for.

<")))>{
   that will be hot like

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

FISH520

Guess I'll suck it up and order some cork knobs from HH

earldogg

How much does that reel weigh? Kind of want one for my finesse cranking, I use a px type r on that rod now but I think I might prefer something a tad slower.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: earldogg on April 22, 2017, 10:23:36 AM
How much does that reel weigh? Kind of want one for my finesse cranking, I use a px type r on that rod now but I think I might prefer something a tad slower.
Like 7oz? Its really light. But mines a 50 series, so it dont hold much line. The 100/200 is a total different animal in size. The new models that are out have a smaller palm plate area. So the 100 is kind of similar to my 50 in size on the palm plate. But that is a $500 reel.

<")))>{

FISH520

Bro. I found the rod for your lil gold reel

LgMouthGambler

Haha. Thats funny cause i have one of those pocket reels.

<")))>{

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 22, 2017, 05:17:59 PM
Haha. Thats funny cause i have one of those pocket reels.

<")))>{

lol have one of those? Is it any good? That thing is TINY!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

LgMouthGambler

Couldnt let it go to waste

<")))>{

FISH520

Oh yeah. That's real nice 👏👏👏

rockchalk06

cortman

Whoa that looks good. Well done!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

earldogg

Down4ttown

That is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j102

Nice! What line did you put on it? How much line does it hold?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: j102 on May 12, 2017, 11:54:04 AM
Nice! What line did you put on it? How much line does it hold?

Both the Conquest and the Curado have 12lb YoZuri. Around 80yds on each.

j102

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 12, 2017, 01:47:28 PM
Both the Conquest and the Curado have 12lb YoZuri. Around 80yds on each.

Cool!

LgMouthGambler

I got ambitious tonight and decided that after playing with the CQ enough, it was time to tear into it. When I first got it, the reel was very clean and I was suspicious that it had already been done. After opening up the reel, my suspension was correct. So I added a bit of grease to the gears, and flushed the spool bearings and oiled with Alchemy oil.

<")))>{

LgMouthGambler

I also took the 12lb YoZuri off, and spooled it with 10lb Senshi. Search for the perfect fit reel seat, and found the Fuji 2 to be the best fit.

<")))>{