Packing different color plastics

Started by dmccoyks, April 20, 2017, 01:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmccoyks

Sorry it this has been asked before. Is it okay to pack different colors of plastics together or will it change the colors of the plastics. Thank you.

LgMouthGambler

Depending on the color differences, it will bleed. I had purple and watermelon lizards together in the same bag for walking the bank. I now have watermelon purple lizards.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Princeton_Man

Like LMG, I've sometimes put a few in a bag together and they seem to always bleed into each other.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: dmccoyks on April 20, 2017, 01:28:29 PM
Sorry it this has been asked before. Is it okay to pack different colors of plastics together or will it change the colors of the plastics. Thank you.

They will bleed together, try placing the worms in sandwich bags and then place the sandwich bags in a larger ziplock bag that way the worms will be together and separated by colors.

CraigP83

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 20, 2017, 01:43:36 PM
Depending on the color differences, it will bleed. I had purple and watermelon lizards together in the same bag for walking the bank. I now have watermelon purple lizards.  lo

I'm not even joking, I've bought some watermelon worms with purple swirl and it's been my most productive color for the last 3 seasons...by far

dmccoyks

Thanks All, sounds like I should separate.

cport

Let us know how you do on that mossy pond

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on April 20, 2017, 03:00:59 PM
They will bleed together, try placing the worms in sandwich bags and then place the sandwich bags in a larger ziplock bag that way the worms will be together and separated by colors.

To this point, what I have been doing is just leaving the baits in their original packaging because it holds the oils and scent better than sandwich bags.
But This same method, I put the original bags in a big freezer gallon bag. Label the big gallon bag depending on what baits I have in there. So I will generally put worms together, swimbaits together, creatures and craws together and then throw the gallon bags in my tackle bag.

Otherwise they will bleed together.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on April 20, 2017, 01:43:36 PM

That's interesting I had watermelon needle worms and purple ones put them together now I just have a bunch of purple worms. No swirls. The worms just absorbed that purple. Which reminds me those were productive for me on a shaky head. I should use them more often.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

jakebrake

I've had bleeders, melters, dryers.....

I will never, EVER let that happen again.

they all ended up in a congealed gray lump.