Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Big Guns are coming to Mississippi!  (Read 297 times)

Lee Smith

• LM Community Diplomat
  • Gotta Love It!
The Big Guns are coming to Mississippi!
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »

Next week, they are all here, can't wait!  Ross Barnett is hosting the Elites for the first time.  This body of water will be a challenge to many, one thing is, it's new to most of them, it has everything imaginable to fish, River, reservoir, low land back waters, deep ledges, pads, grass, rock, flats, trees, you name it, it's got it.  The issue is where will the fish be?  The last few tournaments there, with some of the best sticks around fishing have shown like others in the South to be, "It's on or it's not"  Hope these guys find that it is on, if so, It will take a 25 + bag a day to win, if it's not, a 16 to 17# average will take it.  These fronts are really putting a pounding on the water and the fish are reacting differently this year, especially with the floods we have had.

Can't wait to watch on Sunday, I'll be there for sure (Good Lord Willing)  These guys will be either stepping high or hanging there heads, Ross Barnett doesn't allow 'ok days'   lo
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

CraigP83

• Forum Staff
Re: The Big Guns are coming to Mississippi!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:13:27 AM »

Next week, they are all here, can't wait!  Ross Barnett is hosting the Elites for the first time.  This body of water will be a challenge to many, one thing is, it's new to most of them, it has everything imaginable to fish, River, reservoir, low land back waters, deep ledges, pads, grass, rock, flats, trees, you name it, it's got it.  The issue is where will the fish be?  The last few tournaments there, with some of the best sticks around fishing have shown like others in the South to be, "It's on or it's not"  Hope these guys find that it is on, if so, It will take a 25 + bag a day to win, if it's not, a 16 to 17# average will take it.  These fronts are really putting a pounding on the water and the fish are reacting differently this year, especially with the floods we have had.

Can't wait to watch on Sunday, I'll be there for sure (Good Lord Willing)  These guys will be either stepping high or hanging there heads, Ross Barnett doesn't allow 'ok days'   lo

With so many options, how do you think it will be won?

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »

Lee it should be a great TX and hope the Ross is on for them if not it's going to be a long couple of days for them. ~sweat I would follow it but I will be out fishing myself if the Lord willing  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Lee Smith

• LM Community Diplomat
  • Gotta Love It!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »

With so many options, how do you think it will be won?

If the weather acts correctly for the time of year, it will be a transition period, so they should start moving out, the problem with Barnett is, over 1/2 the fish stay shallow year round because of all the grass and lilly pads.  If a front comes through, the will be mega shallow, but have lock jaw. 

We have always seen 2 different patterns on Barnett post spawn, shallow and ledge, any given day, they can switch and like I said, there, the bite is either on or it's not. 
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

jocko

• Ultimate Basser
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »

So give us a fantasy line up!

Whose gonna do well?  If half the bass are shallow,  someone like Hackney or Herren, Christy,  ought to do well?

cd1

• Ultimate Basser
  • Baby Bass
    • The Southern Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »

I've been thinking about driving down to check it out. 
MY OUTDOORS BLOG:

http://southernoutdoorsman.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 35 queries.