New Tac-40 H20 Rod

Started by Down4ttown, April 21, 2017, 10:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Down4ttown

Anyone seen these? Sic guides on a rod for 120? Damn everyone is stepping in their game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Semms the $100 rods and $200 reels are getting very competitive lately.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Sisco Kid

I picked one up at the Bass Classic, well balanced feels good in the hand, teamed it up with a Lews Lite. No hook ups yet

Down4ttown

Yea the competition is getting awesome which is only better for us.

Sisco Kid

Yep

FloridaFishinFool

SIC guides are not what they are cracked up to be! Literally... here is a quote from an executive at American Tackle, a manufacturer of guides:

Hi Guys,

The Nanolite ring is around 1800 VH just under SiC @ 2200. The ring like SiC, will handle wire line is recreational situations and will certainly stand up to the various super braids. The extra hardness of SiC is just not worth it in our opinion. We could very easily use SiC with these guides but it would increase the price and reduce the durability. The fragile nature of SiC contributes to cracking and ring loss.

The testing on the durability was simple. Our factory which punches both SiC and the Nanolite rings for us in our guide frames see the very apparent differences in ring strength. They tell me the SiC is very brittle and they get a very high breakage rate when punching them into the frame. They tell me the Nanolite ring is extremely strong so much so they were able to reduce the mass of the ring and still come out ahead of SiC in strength. The rings in the Turbo's are our full size rings but still smaller than SiC.

We had the Turbo's wrapped up on a 30 lb graphite blank at the ICAST show. All we had to do was hand the rod to a customer and they were sold. The rod felt like an ultra light. The Titan Turbo's are so light they defy all expectations. They will never rust, they are flexible and best of all the lightest guide ever made in their class.

Warmest regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle
--------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line, if you want a fragile rod with easy to crack guides, then SIC are the best choice says a maker of guides! I personally avoid them and this is why- and I have zero issues with non-SIC guides. I prefer durability over fragility. I use braid only and never have had not one issue at all. Braid does not harm non-SIC guides from my own experience.
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

Down4ttown

I have never had an issue with sic guides. More worried about braid digging in on cheaper guides.

LgMouthGambler

Yay. More copy and pasting!  ~c~

No problems with Sic guides here either. Rather like them, and as long as you arent stupid about the handling of your equipment (and that goes for everything) you will be just fine. Of course they arent Torzites (which in my opinion are the best guides on the market), but Lee has used them on rods for me, and they are wonderful.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rockchalk06

Looks nice, but for 120 dollars I'd think you get better grips. The EVA on them is less than desirable

Sisco Kid

I'm either going to wrap it with win tape or shrink tube for a good grip

Polaris425

Everyone's review of their own product is always going to be better than the competitions.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.