Senko substitute

Started by cport, April 28, 2017, 11:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

What is ya'lls opinion on the best senko stickbait alternative? I bought the BPS stickos and I am not impressed with their action, taking the unopened pack back. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Princeton_Man

Quote from: cport on April 28, 2017, 11:11:08 AM
What is ya'lls opinion on the best senko stickbait alternative? I bought the BPS stickos and I am not impressed with their action, taking the unopened pack back. Thanks.

I use mostly GY Senkos but I've also used Yum Dingers and they work for me. I should mention I also have and use Doc Irv's Irvcos. I break my Irvcos out when I want a faster fall rate or the bite is weak. Doc will make them to your exact specifications and I had him load them with a lot of extra salt. More salt faster fall rate and when the stretch the salt comes out and acts like an attractant.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

cport

Thanks P man

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

tooboocoo

cport

Mr twister and oldy but a goody, thanks

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Canesfan

Never had an issue with BPS Stickos and can't beat the price.  Have not tried Dr. Irv's although have seen many great reviews of them.  Just more convenient for me to drive like 15-20 minutes to my local BPS.

Terry G

Big Bite Baits & Yum Dingers work for me

cport

Thanks guys, picked up some yum dingers green pumpkin, gonna try then out. Like the price

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Donald Garner

I use the Big Bite stick Baits.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

CraigP83

I only use senkos. Yea, they are expensive but I haven't found one that performs as well

cport

Quote from: CraigP83 on April 28, 2017, 01:02:27 PM
I only use senkos. Yea, they are expensive but I haven't found one that performs as well
I just read Bud Kennedy's post about cost vs quality, and in thinking if I'm serious about learning to wacky rig, I need to get some.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

SFL BassHunter

The closest thing to a senko is the BPS Stick-O.
They work great!!!
They are a couple bucks cheaper than GY Senko.

Walmart I think has the best prices on the GY Senko though.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

Kris

Ism't everything cheaper than a GY Senko?

I use some GY Senkos, Yum Dingers and some Doc Irv Stick Baits.  Gonna try some others next time I go to Anglers Express.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: rickdelprado on April 28, 2017, 01:11:09 PM
The closest thing to a senko is the BPS Stick-O.
They work great!!!
They are a couple bucks cheaper than GY Senko.

Walmart I think has the best prices on the GY Senko though.
~roflmao too bad Cport doesn't live closer, Rick would have taken them stick baits off your hands.

LgMouthGambler

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

kadas

I use the Gambler Ace and also the Fat Ace and have results good enough that the Ace is pretty much the only stickworm I buy anymore. If I want a color Gambler does not make in their stick bait I will buy GY Senkos

Smallie_Stalker

I like Doc Irv's Irvco, Wave Worm Tiki Sticks and Yum Dingers.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

loomisguy

stick with the senko's, As Craig says they cost more but they just flat work.

cortman

Quote from: cport on April 28, 2017, 01:06:48 PM
I just read Bud Kennedy's post about cost vs quality, and in thinking if I'm serious about learning to wacky rig, I need to get some.

Probably 80% of my summer fishing is wacky rigged senkos. Gets old after a while but a lot of the time that's all they're biting at high noon on a 100+ degree July day.
I use Yum dingers most of the time. Nothing wrong with them. I think I will be trying Doc Irv soon too. Really whatever's cheapest since you go through them wacky rigging. That's one bait I have no compulsion to spend a lot on since I like the way the cheap ones work and they're disposable.

Kris

I use the o-rings when rigging Wacky Worms.  I can use them a lot, multiple days.  Worst that happens is the worm slides up the line but the hook is still in the bass.
Reservoir fishing in MD, Vietnam Vet, Retired
Ouachita 16' Model B, Minn Kota, Lowrance, Raymarine
Moderator - Maryland Fishing Reports and Chat

earldogg

I prefer senko's, but I do use zoom magnum finesse worms occasionally. They weigh less, slightly different shape. Gl

SteveTX

Sassy Stick from Bizz Baits is a really decent bait as well.

FD

Check out Bitters Baits out of Sanford. They are a small local shop that makes the best plastics I have found. 90% of plastics in my boat are from them. They will ship to anywhere.

Sent from the end of the paved road.....
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: earldogg on April 28, 2017, 10:41:19 PM
I prefer senko's, but I do use zoom magnum finesse worms occasionally. They weigh less, slightly different shape. Gl

I have those as well. Sometimes when I can't get a bite on the senko I put one of these on and dead stick it. Because they are a floating worm the tail doesn't drop like a senko's tail.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

rockchalk06

I haven't been fishing stick baits too long, but so far I have really been in impressed with the OG Senko's and the Megastrike 5" Megasticks.

Rubber o rings is my preferred way to wacky rig and let the bait last. I caught 6 Spots/LM's on the same Senko at Table Rock and the bait looked good. It would have been more had the bass not shook it off.