FlukeMaster Jr.

Started by cport, April 30, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cport

Took my youngest out to Horseshoe Lake this evening. Went wading in (him with his PFD) and I threw swimbaits and flukes, Matthew had a big ol wacky rigged crawler on a float. After I caught a few 16s, he was still fishless, so I threw my fluke, gave the rod to him, and told him to reel while I watched his rod tip and the line. I knew that the jerky way he reels would put some action on the bait, but I didn't expect a bite on the first cast. Helped him with the hookset, and sat back and watched as a proud poppa him reeling in his first largemouth. He was totally stoked as you can tell in the pic...

When he got home, he made me even prouder. He ran up to mom and said "Mommy mommy, I caught my first bass. Thanks for letting me fish with daddy", thereby deflecting and negative vibes that sometimes emanate from my better half when I have been gone fishing for x amount of hours. He is learning quick. He then proceeded to provide the reverse karma my daughter earned when she rubbed her large crappie catch in his face by declaring, "I've caught a bass like daddy, and you haven't".
That's m'boy

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Princeton_Man

Awesome! A new bass angler is born! ~c~
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Capt. BassinLou

Captsteve

Cool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Major_Kong

Start 'em young!

Good job Dad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful.

West6550

Excellent post man, glad you got some quality.

merc1997

On Heaven's Lake

cport

Thanks guys. He really likes fishing.

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

analfisherman

cport.......that picture along with the post.......YOU NOW UNDERSTAND WHAT FISHING IS ALL ABOUT!

Thanks for a GREAT SHARE.  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

cport

Thank you, AF & OF

11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

bassmedic46

Good catch, nothing better then spending time with the kids fishing.
A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Take a kid fishing