Light action spinning rod

Started by nats, May 13, 2017, 11:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nats

Need recommendation for a spinning rod to throw very light wacky worms, weightless 4 inch worms on tough condition days.  I only would use this once in a blue moon  so want to keep it fairly inexpensive. Anybody use this technique?

Smallie_Stalker

My $.02 would be a Dobyns Fury. Look at the FR 661SF, FR 662SF or Fr 702SF.  If you want to go really cheap check out the BPS Micro-Lite rods. I have an OOOOLLLLLDDD 6'6" Light powered fast action model that can do this.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

fishandkamp

I guess the first question is what  you consider fairly inexpensive.

My favorite suggestions would be the following:
Dobyns Fury FR 703SF  $110  Sierra SA693SF ( my favorite) $160 
Dobyns runs a bit lighter than they say.

Powell Inferno 6103  for $99

If these are above your budget, take a look at a rod Dicks sells  It is a Quantum Escalade 6'6" medium it5 specs 1/8 to 1/4 but it really is more like 1/8 to 1/2 or 5/8.  It is a IM6 rod and sells for $99. They are on sale for$49.  Match that up with a Pflueger President 6935 for $49.99 after a $10 rebate form. I fish that exact combo and it fishes well.  For $100 that is not too bad for a good working combo. 

I really like having a ML and Medium rod onboard.  If I was going to only have one spinning rod I would go with the 3 power not 2 power rod, but if you want to you could go with the 2 power instead.

nats

U guys are probably right about a fury, I already have 7 dobyns rods now,I was thinking this set up would be so back up it might not even get thrown for a whole season,but for an extra 40 or 50 bucks I would probably be kicking myself lateri., I already have an extra president and an old white  stradic for the rod

loomisguy

The Omen Black 6ft 10 ML is a great finesse rod. Drop shot, ned rig little slider heads ect.
Best $ 100 rod out there.

nats

Quote from: loomisguy on May 14, 2017, 05:34:44 AM
The Omen Black 6ft 10 ML is a great finesse rod. Drop shot, ned rig little slider heads ect.
Best $ 100 rod out there.
this is why this sites the best, I looked up the omen blacks and this month they have a rebate ,you also get a free creed $50 spinning reel.  that will go right to my grandson   thanks guys

rockchalk06

Quote from: nats on May 14, 2017, 08:47:30 AM
      this is why this sites the best, I looked up the omen blacks and this month they have a rebate ,you also get a free creed $50 spinning reel.  that will go right to my grandson   thanks guys

I'm interested in what you think or he thinks of the creed. I almost pulled the trigger on an Omen, but went with the St. Croix instead.

nats

Again this is gonna be a seldom used rod,and I already. Got a spinning rod for my grandson and this reel will be a perfect. Birthday present