Tuf Line?

Started by Bretts_daddy, May 18, 2017, 12:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bretts_daddy

How do you guys feel about Tuf Line braid? I see where DSG is offering one of their "flash" sales on the stuff and you can get the Domin8 for $12.99 per 125yd spool and the 4orce for $7.98 per 125yd spool.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!

No matter how much we know about fishing there is always more to learn!

rockchalk06

I think you will get mixed reviews at UB with this line. I wasn't impressed at all with it.

Walmart carries OG Power Pro really cheap.

I'm one of those that believe you should spend some decent coin on quality line. Say you drop 150 on a reel and 100 on a rod. Whats saving 5-10 bucks on line?

SFL BassHunter

Use the search on UB. For some reason I feel like this brand was discussed some time ago. You may find your answer there.

I've never used it so I can't comment on it. I use power pro and have had no reason to switch since PP goes for about 12.99 at Walmart at regular price.
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FlatsNBay

I've been using Tufline the last year and love it. I was always a die hard Power Pro fan and never had a complaint or failure. I won a spool of Tufline Super Cast and put it on my spinning outfit. I thought WOW! It handled extremely well and was super manageable. I liked it so much that I bought a spool of Tufline XP to test out on my flipping stick. I really liked it too. I've really put it through the test with all the flipping that I like to do. I've found it to be super tough and a little limper than Power Pro. It also didn't dig into the spool as much as Power Pro. I've heard that 4orce is very similar to XP and Domin8 is an 8 carrier braid which makes it more subtle. I'm sold on Tufline even though I was always very happy with Power Pro.  I hope that helps!

Jesse McNutt

Tuf Line ,in general, is good quality line from my experience. Haven't tried 4orce or domin8 but XP has never let me down. 
Lew's ~ Stren ~ Arkie ~ Strike King ~ Jackall ~ Big Bite Baits ~ Stanley Jigs ~ Luck E Strike ~ Skeeter-Yamaha