Daiwa Fuego CT

Started by LgMouthGambler, May 18, 2017, 12:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

http://tackletour.com/reviewdaiwafuegoct.html

Daiwas new Fuego CT geared to take the $100 market by storm. Aluminum frame, brass gears that are very strong, magforce Z braking system, and 3 gear ratios that are available in RH and LH versions. There is lots of potential in this reel thats for sure. Not too many reels in this price point with what is offered in this reel. I havent been able to get my hands on one to see what they look like inside, but with this write up I can see now. I may have to pick one up in October to play with.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

SFL BassHunter

Looks like a fantastic reel at a budget price! If I needed a reel in the 100 or less, this would be my first choice. Unless of course I could find a Tatula CT for 100 which can be found.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

rockchalk06

I like the blacked out look of it.

Does the spool have a bearing on it? Also does it have one or two bearings for the worm gear?

Mike Cork

It's great to see companies finding ways to put more quality in the hands of budget minded working man anglers.

Rod companies are trying as well. An angler can get a full set up that will cast well and be sensitive enough to be effective, all for under $200 now  :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 01:40:07 PM
I like the blacked out look of it.

Does the spool have a bearing on it? Also does it have one or two bearings for the worm gear?

The spool is similar to the 50 series reels as far as the bearings working it. The wormshaft is more than likely supported by 2 bushings, that Im sure can be changed out for bearings.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Mike Cork on May 18, 2017, 01:47:45 PM
It's great to see companies finding ways to put more quality in the hands of budget minded working man anglers.

Rod companies are trying as well. An angler can get a full set up that will cast well and be sensitive enough to be effective, all for under $200 now  :-*

Yes. The battle has definitely put the advantage to the consumer.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 01:49:01 PM
The spool is similar to the 50 series reels as far as the bearings working it. The wormshaft is more than likely supported by 2 bushings, that Im sure can be changed out for bearings.

So two 3x10x4's?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 02:37:07 PM
So two 3x10x4's?

The spool bearing size? I honestly dont know. I meant how the bearing is in the side plate, and one under the CCC. Pinion bearing in the frame under clutch.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 02:45:18 PM
The spool bearing size? I honestly dont know. I meant how the bearing is in the side plate, and one under the CCC. Pinion bearing in the frame under clutch.

Ah gotcha.

LgMouthGambler

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 02:55:44 PM
Dont worry, we will find out in October.  lo

Why wait? TT has them for 85 now lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 03:10:26 PM
Why wait? TT has them for 85 now lo

We get the "walk in" price.  ~roflmao Oh Spanky!  lo

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
We get the "walk in" price.  ~roflmao Oh Spanky!  lo

I'm trying to justify it

zippyduck

Now they do it after many, many, many years using throw aways because I never had the cash flow for a higher grade reel. Bantums I had to make work for a lot of years and now I could of had 3 fuegos for what I spent on constant maintenance reels. :'(

Sorry for the rant. :surrender:

Glad to see Daiwa step up and make a good reel for newbies and working class guys.
I probably won't buy one now but would recommend it to someone just starting out.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 03:16:19 PM
I'm trying to justify it

Im thinking it would be a good reel to keep in the truck. Something Im familiar with and wont break the bank. Oh, and I can tinker with it too.  lo

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 04:24:10 PM
Im thinking it would be a good reel to keep in the truck. Something I'm familiar with and wont break the bank. Oh, and I can tinker with it too.  lo

I'm thinking with a few dollars in bearings and knobs, you could have a killer frog reel.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 04:26:05 PM
I'm thinking with a few dollars in bearings and knobs, you could have a killer frog reel.

That too. Good thing for me I have plenty of parts available. lo  However, my Citica E stays on frog duty.

rockchalk06

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 04:28:52 PM
That too. Good thing for me I have plenty of parts available. lo  However, my Citica E stays on frog duty.

Same with the Exsence DC, but it could be a sweet reel to recommend to folks looking for one. Plus it's black and red and you know how I feel about that lo

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: rockchalk06 on May 18, 2017, 04:31:53 PM
Same with the Exsence DC, but it could be a sweet reel to recommend to folks looking for one. Plus it's black and red and you know how I feel about that lo

Flat black none the less.

zippyduck

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on May 18, 2017, 04:24:10 PM
Oh, and I can tinker with it too.  lo
which new name do you want  :)
DR. CRANKENSTEIN
TINKERBOY
SIR TINKSALOT
KING TINK

SFL BassHunter

The flat black is what I love. That is why I got the Tatula Tactical lol.

PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

zippyduck

Not into flat black but it does look sharp.
Love me some shiny things.

steve76

Bought two of them in the 8.1. Cast just as smooth and as far as my tatula ct. I personally don't care for the flat black. They are definitely an upgrade over the Exceler in this price point.

j102

Is the flat black finish as durable?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: j102 on May 19, 2017, 04:58:30 PM
Is the flat black finish as durable?
Dont know yet. Im sure its fine. The only time Daiwa has had issues with paint is on their magnesium reels.

<")))>{