Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Memorial Day is Upon Us  (Read 269 times)

Bud Kennedy

• Charter Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Memorial Day is Upon Us
« on: May 19, 2017, 11:03:42 AM »

I realize that this is a bit early, but for some reason I am compelled to make this post for all who served.  Although I did not serve in a hostile environment I have visited a few of these locations during times of war.  I always wondered if I would have been man enough to make the sacrifices that I saw on each and every visit.  Thanks for the grace of God, I never had to find out but it still leaves the burning question in my soul now that I am older.  I have travelled the world and am proud to say I am an American.  I salute my fellow veterans who have served and those who have given all. 

Today in the United States we seem to have lost our way as a country.  We are split by ideology in all parts of the country.  Where did we go wrong or is this a price we must pay.  I worry for our children and grandchildren that they do not enjoy the same love of country.  I worry that they do not honor our history and understand that the freedoms we enjoy came at a horrific price.  I am asking you to watch the following video and then ask yourself what can we do to be sure our families truly understand the esprit de corp that we learned as members of the military.  I guess there is not true answer to my question but showing them this video may help the communications.  Memorial Day is more than one day, It is more than a family outing it is a reflection of our history.

https://youtu.be/iCVyeND0b90

kadas

• Charter Member
Re: Memorial Day is Upon Us
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:42:55 AM »

Great video Bud--I think it has become easy to celebrate memorial Day as a day for all our past on family and friends and I think that is OK but for veterans and the families of those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for this country know what this day was made a national holiday for.  They say the men and woman that served during WW2 were the greatest generation and I would never argue that point. When I see videos of what my father and other Americans went through in the Pacific and Europe and elsewhere for this country I have nothing but complete respect and awe for what they accomplished. But I want to add to that I feel every man and woman that has served this country during every conflict that this country has felt it was necessary to send troops to were the best of their generation also. A lot of us volunteered and a lot of were drafted because of the draft still being used up to and including the time era of the Vietnam conflict--use the word conflict but anyone that served there knows it was more than a conflict. I always find Memorial Day a day of memories and gratitude because we have a country that even though by watching the news these days you would never think it but this country is made up of mostly for the largest part of descent and giving people that will always answer the call of this country when it needs us and I find that very humbling. To all the veterans on this forum and elsewhere I would like to say thanks to you for your service and sacrifice.   Bud I do think and hope that as the younger generation matures they will grow an appreciation and respect for what so many did and sacrificed to give them the freedom to make choices that youth in a lot of other parts of the world do not have. That is my hope anyway because a lot sacrificed a lot
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:31:17 PM by kadas »

Captsteve

• Charter Member
  • Captain on Watch
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:29:31 PM »

Buy the grace of God, I served in peace time. I Love our country so I volunteered just in case. To all those who served in combat, I SALUTE you.

U.S. Navy 1977 - 1980

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 07:58:55 AM »

Well said.  ~flag
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.