It Might actually happen!!!!!

Started by Elwood, May 21, 2017, 01:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwood

I plan on making my way to Houston Friday and placing an order at Bowden marine for a new boat.  To say I am excited is a understatement, it's 2 am and I am building boats on the BCB website.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S

West6550

Lipripper

Bet it's going to be a sharp looking boat.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Captsteve

The dreaming and planning part is almost as good as getting it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Donald Garner

Good luck on the next purchase.  We now have a Bass Cat dealership here in Central Texas. TightLines Tackle are the owners here in Killeen, Texas.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

bobsquatch13

Mike Cork

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted as you go through the process. The BCB folks are great people and I'm sure they will make your experience a great one!

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Polaris425

How the new boat building software? I've been meaning to go give it a try.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

Elwood

Well my wife and I booked the room for the weekend in Houston!!!  This all seems like a dream....lol

Bob...I am going to get a Eyra!!!!  A little undecided on the motor but it will boil down to warranty and I believe that currently Mercury has a longer warranty.

The new boat builder program is the bomb and give you a very nice picture of what your color choices will look like.  Currently the only boat in the program in the Puma and it is a little different than the Eyra.  And each time I put together a color scheme I get more confused on the one I want....lol  Not a bad problem to have!!

I will keep this up with the process and the long wait for it to be built........word on the street is 8-12 weeks.

Here is the current color scheme I have settled on......looks a lot like my current boat...lol
Elwood

Mike Cork

Can't go wrong with black and red :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Donald Garner

I see a lot of Bass Cats with that same color scheme.  That is a cool looking though.  Be safe in your travels to and from Houston.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Captsteve

Beautiful

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Wizard

My Puma is white top, white boot, blueberry sides and gold trim. It gets in the sun and it is gorgeous. Not that I'm prejudice or anything. Did you look at the owner's photos for some ideas?

Polaris425

Fishin' Alabama

BassCatBates

Awesome deal!  Nothing like the trip home pulling that new Cat!!!
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Elwood

Thanks...I can not wait to see the real thing.  I had to get a little help from bass cat for the trailer fenders.  They are normally the same color as the consoles but they waived that at my request.  The small red bolt will also have to be the same color as the boot or I have to pay for the radiance package.  This is also a Puma hull so the Eyra will look a little different and will also include the small cowlings in the top cap, they will be red or black. 
I settled on the SHO to go on the back.......both the Mercury and Yamaha have the same warranty (3 years) so I wanted to go with better low/mid range torque than top end (about a 2-3 MPH difference going to the mercury).  Other Eyra/SHO owner are busting 80 and regularly hit 78 with a tournament load, I don't think I will be at the back of the pack with the SHO....lol

Wizard....I bet your Bass Cat looks great!!!!
Elwood

Wizard

Don't you love it when a plan comes together! When is it going to be born, Elwood?

Polaris425

Sounds awesome. I would order the SHO as well, if I was ordering a new boat.
Fishin' Alabama

Elwood

Wizard....It takes about 8-12 weeks to build a Bass Cat

After some more research....the SHO is the way to go!
Elwood

Nutt

Did you put one on order?  Nothing like buying a new boat.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Elwood

Nutt.....it is on order

The wait has started and days feel like weeks!
Elwood

bobsquatch13

Had to sell my Cat in late 2015 due to severe health problems, cannot imagine waiting 8 -12 weeks for a new one to come in. Anxiety would get to me as this is now the first time since the 70's I've been without a bass boat for more than a couple month's. Hope your new BassCat is perfect for you!