Which Champion for moving baits?

Started by cortman, May 24, 2017, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cortman

I want to throw 3/8 and greater spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, crankbaits, wakebaits, swimbaits, etc.
Looking at the 735CB, but not sure if I'll like a glass rod. I am not able to actually hold or test the rods anywhere.
I'm a bit worried about weight, balance, and "dead" feeling. I like a rod to be light and lively.
Anyone with experience recommend one to me? Looking at the Champion XP series.

FISH520

I'm really enjoying my 735cb. For a glass rod it's pretty light and with a TD Zillion it balances great. It's definitely not dead at all. I can feel each lure I throw and I throw the same that you plan on.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

bhodge

I have fished the 736cb glass for over 6 months. It does not feel like a glass rod, it is well balanced and will give you a better range on the 3/8 and up.  Great rod and you will be amazed. I have owned over 30 Dobyns rods and can say this is one special rod.. It is a no brainier for what you have listed.

~cf

cojab

I love my 736 CB Glass. I throw 3/8 and 1/2 oz chatterbaits on it regularly.
TTK has spoken.

caddyjoe77

736.   No question. There are a lot of threads in this forum on the same subject. 
BeerMe

cortman

I'm feeling a lot better about trying this rod now. Thanks guys. Think I'm going to get me one on the Memorial Day sale.

cojab

Better yet, follow the link and get one of the mismarked ones. Same great rod just mismarked from the factory and at a great savings. I think thats where most of us got ours.

http://dobynsrods.com/store/#!/Factory-Mislabeled-rods/c/22175368/offset=0&sort=normal
TTK has spoken.

Gary Dobyns

Thanks guys. As I've said here before the 736 CB Glass gave me fits getting it right. The 736 definitely outsells the 735 CB Glass but both are excellent rods. I wanted only one of these but on my last round of samples I had 5 made. I loved two of them so that's why we have a 735 and a 736. There's only about ¾ of a power difference between the two models. I fish both of them. With squarebills I love the 735 and for chatterbaits I love 736. They'll both fish a LOT of baits. It boils down to preference. If I was only going to get one....it'd be a tough decision for me. I've been fishing more squarebills so I'd say 735 CB Glass. Honestly, next month I might change my mind to 736. You'll love either one of them and if not fished side by side it'd be hard to say the difference. These rods are not "dead" in feel either.

cortman

Took advantage of the ebay Memorial sale and a 735CB is on the way. :) Thanks guys!