The monkey wins again!

Started by SFL BassHunter, May 26, 2017, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tavery5

I you have not tried it, you might give Gliss a shot, I use it on all of my spinning equipment.   It fishes similar to braided line in that it is very sensitive and has very little stretch, it also has no memory to speak of.  The line dia. is going to be as thin as anything out there in a comparable strength.  I comes in many colors and holds up very well.   I use it with a leader in some circumstances and fish it straight to the bait for others.

I use Sunline Defier Armillo on several setups as well and it is great line, but I much prefer Gliss on my spinning equipment.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Tavery5 on May 30, 2017, 03:36:34 PM
I you have not tried it, you might give Gliss a shot, I use it on all of my spinning equipment.   It fishes similar to braided line in that it is very sensitive and has very little stretch, it also has no memory to speak of.  The line dia. is going to be as thin as anything out there in a comparable strength.  I comes in many colors and holds up very well.   I use it with a leader in some circumstances and fish it straight to the bait for others.

I use Sunline Defier Armillo on several setups as well and it is great line, but I much prefer Gliss on my spinning equipment.

Thanks for the info Tavery, I will keep that in mind as an option for the future!
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

j102

Quote from: rickdelprado on May 30, 2017, 12:03:15 PM
I know you were.
I don't use leaders. I suck at tying thin knots and I've only had bad experiences with leaders when tying line to line. Now in saltwater I will tie a leader, but I will use a swivel.

Most of the time I don't use a leader in the canals, but I use it in saltwater. One of these days I will fish saltwater without a leader (straight braid) to test that theory.