Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Pro Max Cuatro Mini Review  (Read 313 times)

Bassinlou

• CM Forum Staff
  • Mr. Frogger
Power Pro Max Cuatro Mini Review
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »

Back in December I received a spool of 65lb MaxCuatro (MC) from my Secret Santa RockChalk. At the time I was using 50 lb Regular PP on my frogging outfit and 65lb Regular PP on my Punch rig. I will also like to add that I have been an avid PP user for over 15 yrs.

Right off the bat, you will notice Max Cuatro is a bit more slick and slightly more limp than regular PP. Another thing that jumps out at you is the 25% reduction in line diameter.

Little that I know how critical that line reduction was going to benefit me. In December, I bought a Daiwa SV 103 (LMG tuned), and spooled it with 65lb regular PP. On my very first cast I realized I was going to have problem. The SV spool is little bit more shallow compared to the reel I was using before and I was spooling my reel. My frog was falling way short from its target.

Immediately after that trip, I stripped the line off my reel, and spooled it with 65lb MC (equivalent to 50lb dia) and right away I noticed how much more line I was able to spool on to the  SV reel. On the very next outing, on my first cast, I gave a sigh of relief when my frog reached its desired target and there was plenty of braid left on the spool.  ~sweat

My initial concern with this braid was its durability since its 25% thinner than regular PP. I can honestly say that I have experienced 0 issues with this braid, no excessive fraying or break offs. I continue to throw my frog around thick cover including wood with 100% confidence. Always remember however, to retie after a few fish or if you are fishing around thick timber.

I recently had to unspool the MC due to a snafu that was entirely my fault, and I had to re-spool with regular 50lb PP again. To make this review short, lets just say I miss the MC  :'( :'(  regular power pro now feels so rough and the casting is not as smooth when compared to MC. As soon as I'm able to order a new spool of MC, I will be doing so.  lo You will not be disappointed using this new braid from Power Pro.

Hope this little review helps some of you out there.
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
Re: Power Pro Max Cuatro Mini Review
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 03:11:03 PM »

Im really digging the MaxCuatro braid myself. I have it on my Zillion/Fury rig. As a matter of fact, thats what I was using while tossing the swim jigs Rock made for me.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »

I am going to add a little to this.

Yesterday I used MaxCuatro on 2 reels. My tatula sv has 40lb PP MC which is about the diameter of 30lb regular PP. No line digging issues, and I have been using it now for a couple of months since I got the reel. I love that stuff!

The other reel, I spooled up my Tatula CT with 65lb PP MC which is the diameter of 50 regular pp like Lou mentioned.

I had no issues with that line yesterday. Put a bunch of fish in the boat. Horsed some out of pads, got a few out of some submerged branches and roots. This line is the real deal! It's more expensive but if you are looking for a thinner diameter line then this is the stuff to get.
I am sold on it!!!

This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6.04lbs / Length 24.25 inches.

analfisherman

• Charter Member
  • HOOKS, LIES AND ALIBIES
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 04:35:15 PM »

Being the odd man out, I've never been a PP lover.
Had some challenges when it first came out.
With that said.....I have had NO CHALLENGES with MaxCuatro.

Casts great.
I've had no fraying challenges.
NO breakage challenges.
Very little wind challenges.....reason I hated original when it first came out.

I would have ZERO challenges with buying more.....when the time comes......I have a need.
I've had it on a single real for two years (approx.) now...still good as new.

Lou, thanks for the review!  ~c~
"Fishing isn't life or death... it's more important than that."

Lipripper

• Life Member
  • Illinois
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »

Thank y'all for the review and I'm going to have to get some to replace my Regular Power Pro.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

rockchalk06

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »

I've been running it on my main jig rod now for about 7 months. I've had zero issues and no fraying on my initial spooling.

I've got my frog reel spooled with the same awaiting Guntersville. I was in the same boat as Lou on my Exsence DC. 50-65 regular braid took too much space on the spool.

kadas

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »

Thank you for your thoughts on the PP Max Cuatro line. I also am using it and so far have positive thoughts on it. I do not think I am ready to stop using my trusty PP completely but it is nice to have a choice on those occasions when you need to spool with a smaller diameter line and this will be a great choice---Thanks Lou!!

j102

• Largemouth
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:44:05 PM »

Thanks for the review Lou. Thanks everyone for your input as well.
Is it "round" like the regular PowerPro? How is it when tying knots? Would you use it on smaller 10-20 lbs sizes as well, or only on the 50-65 lbs size?

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 10:03:19 PM »

Is it "round" like the regular PowerPro? How is it when tying knots? Would you use it on smaller 10-20 lbs sizes as well, or only on the 50-65 lbs size?

It is round, the knots are fine, having had any slipping or issues with them.
Lowest I have gone is 40lb (30lb diameter). 40 works well for me for worm and trig fishing. Also fishing in light vegetation.
This is so that I can remember my personal bests: Weight 6.04lbs / Length 24.25 inches.

DonM

• Charter Member
    • DonMasonMusic
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »

I've been using it since it came out.  Love it.  I will spool all my reels with it when they need new line.  I have fewer professional overruns with it and when I do get one it seems easier to untangle.
DonM
DonM

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 04:41:26 AM »

It's everything regular PP is, just thinner diameter per lb test.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

rickdelprado

• Charter Member
  • SFL BassHunter
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 05:45:00 AM »

It's everything regular PP is, just thinner diameter per lb test.

<")))>{
It also doesn't fade as fast. In case that's an important factor for anyone.

j102

• Largemouth
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »

Thanks guys! I guess I need to try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.