Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female angler currently in Bossier City, LA  (Read 870 times)

CB1128

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
Re: Female angler currently in Bossier City, LA
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 03:18:18 PM »

Welcome.  Glad to see another female angler posting.  Not many do, far as I can tell.  My daughter loves to fish, but wouldn't even think about reading a fishing forum.  My wife use to go with me (to watch and spend time together), but not any more.

Bought my daughter her first casting outfit for Christmas a few years ago.  Custom built 6' MHF...in pink, naturally...because she wanted a short rod even though I tried to talk her into something longer.  Picked up a used Chronarch 101A for it.  She hasn't used a spinning rod since....and they are also in her favorite color...pink.   lo

I fished strictly spinning until getting back into fishing in 2009 after a 23 year hiatus.  Has been almost 100% baitcast since then.  You should try one.  I think you would enjoy it.

I am about to get the baitcaster I bought setup and see how I do. I'm hoping I like it, I have been dying to buy some new setups but don't want to buy more spinning setups if I end up loving the casting setup. I have seen some awesome gear coming out, particularly the concept Z from 13 fishing!

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 12:33:26 PM »

welcome! I'm originally from San Diego, now in Ft Worth, and went to Bossier City for the first time recently.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you really miss carne asada burritos....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Not as much as the fish tacos! No one makes a decent Baja white sauce out here, and most of the fish tacos are some kind of southwest style with grilled fish and black beans and corn, or a latin version with a mango kinda salsa. Keep it simple, battered and fried calico bass with shredded cabbage and that perfect Baja sauce. Squeeze of lime, a little bit of Tapatio, and you're good to go. But yes, I do miss the carne asada burritos and also the Tijuana style carne asada tacos. Even the worst taqueria carne asada is better than the best ones on the east coast.
So where did you live? I lived in East County, specifically Santee. There is a lot I miss about San Diego, but I don't miss the left wing loonies out there....

rman

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 01:19:24 PM »

Not as much as the fish tacos! No one makes a decent Baja white sauce out here, and most of the fish tacos are some kind of southwest style with grilled fish and black beans and corn, or a latin version with a mango kinda salsa. Keep it simple, battered and fried calico bass with shredded cabbage and that perfect Baja sauce. Squeeze of lime, a little bit of Tapatio, and you're good to go. But yes, I do miss the carne asada burritos and also the Tijuana style carne asada tacos. Even the worst taqueria carne asada is better than the best ones on the east coast.
So where did you live? I lived in East County, specifically Santee. There is a lot I miss about San Diego, but I don't miss the left wing loonies out there....
grew up in penasquitos, wife from poway.
we were in San Marcos when we moved to Ft Worth.

if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, you can take me bass hunting and I'll throw down some TJ style carne asada and my copycat Rubios! White sauce and all.

There's a guy out here from El Cajon with 4 restaurants called "San Diego Tacos".... i give it a sold 6.5/10. Only thing we have out here remotely close everything else is TexMex

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 02:48:31 PM »

Deal! I know a few ponds that might earn me that recipe

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

CB1128

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »

Welcome aboard. I assume you were in San Diego, I was stationed there as well. Loved fishing the San Diego City Lakes system and float tubing the San Diego River and Mission Bay. What was your rate?

I was in Norfolk for most of my tour, wasn't a huge fan. Missed the west coast dearly.

I was a Gas Turbine Electrician, how bout you?

cport

• Charter Member
  • FlukeMaster who?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:46 PM »

Fire controlman, worked on the nato sea sparrow missile system. Was in Norfolk too for awhile, then went around south America to change home ports (carrier couldn't fit thru Panama Canal ). Definitely liked San Diego better liberty fer shur

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

SteelHorseCowboy

• Smallmouth
  • Baby Bass
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2017, 10:02:58 AM »

I wish I would've been stationed in San Diego!

I was stationed in Norfolk, VA. It wasn't too bad. Didn't fish as often then so I probably missed out on some really good waters.

I do miss the food in California. There was so much variety and the entertainment was also great.

You did! Sorry.
I was stationed at Camp Lejeune NC, Marine Rifleman. I didn't do near as much fishing back then either, my own gear was left behind at my mom's house. But my ex wife had family scattered between Georgia, Maryland, and everywhere in between, and they all had something I could borrow when we'd go visiting.

Funny story. Brokeback Mountain came out while a friend of mine and I were in Iraq. We were out fishing one day after we'd returned, been home maybe a week, and my wife called and asked us to stop by Blockbuster and pick it up, along with whatever else we might like to watch.
We had no idea what Brokeback Mountain was about.
So we pulled up at Blockbuster, fishing rods sticking out of the truck, wearing our rubber boots and boonie covers, and ASKED if they had any copies in stock.
We both felt the looks we got were a bit odd, but whatever. Looked like it'd be a cool western.
Then we watched it at home with the wife. The first scene that really clued us in on what the movie was about finally came around and we were both shocked.
We suddenly realized what the odd looks were all about and we almost died laughing.

Bassinlou

• CM Forum Staff
  • Mr. Frogger
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »

You did! Sorry.
I was stationed at Camp Lejeune NC, Marine Rifleman. I didn't do near as much fishing back then either, my own gear was left behind at my mom's house. But my ex wife had family scattered between Georgia, Maryland, and everywhere in between, and they all had something I could borrow when we'd go visiting.

Funny story. Brokeback Mountain came out while a friend of mine and I were in Iraq. We were out fishing one day after we'd returned, been home maybe a week, and my wife called and asked us to stop by Blockbuster and pick it up, along with whatever else we might like to watch.
We had no idea what Brokeback Mountain was about.
So we pulled up at Blockbuster, fishing rods sticking out of the truck, wearing our rubber boots and boonie covers, and ASKED if they had any copies in stock.
We both felt the looks we got were a bit odd, but whatever. Looked like it'd be a cool western.
Then we watched it at home with the wife. The first scene that really clued us in on what the movie was about finally came around and we were both shocked.
We suddenly realized what the odd looks were all about and we almost died laughing.

lo lo
Reels: Metanium,Scorpion's,Curado's,& Daiwa SV103XS
Rods: LSCR's (Point Blank) Dobyn & St Croix
Main Fishing Holes: Everglades & Lake Okeechobee
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.