Ultimate Bass ULTIMATE BASS | BASS FISHING CLASSIFIED ADS | CONTACT US    

Bass Fishing information about bass boats, tackle, fishing rods, baitcasters and other reels all about bass fishing.
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Tapatalk should be back up. Please report issues -->here<--. Thank you!

Page Down
FREE TACKLE EVERY WEEK

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

NuTech Lures

Doc Irv Custom Baits

Life Vantage

Get Bit Outdoors

Fishing Frenzy Tackle

Bass Anglers Magazine - The Best bass fishing magazine on the rack! Subscribe Today and Catch More Bass

Bass Boats For Sale Free Classified Ads

Laurie Cork
Ph. (318)347-7380
You can Email Me Here

Mike Cork
Ph. (318)560-9827

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halo Daylite series rod  (Read 571 times)

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
  • Shimano, Daiwa, HawgTech, Dobyns, LSCR, Megabass
Halo Daylite series rod
« on: June 12, 2017, 06:37:03 PM »

Halo Daylite rods, they are considered a budget minded rod. Pretty much alls I was looking for to srap the Conquest on. Yeah, I know, how am i gonna strap a flagship reel on a cheap rod, right? Well, this rig is for tossing topwater poppers, spooks, etc. So, a high end rod is just not what I was looking for to accomplish this.  I needed a decent built M F rod between the length of 6'6 and 7ft.

My other issue with the rod was the reel seat. I have quite a few different rods with different types of reel seats. The one that made this reel fit perfectly in hand was Fujis type 2, 2nd gen seat. So I searched for just about any rod that had that kind of seat.

I found Halo rods made a rod called the Rave. MSRP was $69.99, and had the gen 2 seat. So, I went to ebay to snoop around a bit. My search got me to a place that had the Gen 1 Daylite rod. I seen the new version, the Daylite 2, and for $99.99 MSRP looked like a decent rod too. This one particular place had the Gen 1 Daylite for $59.99 with free shipping. What the heck, why not. Sold a set of Megabass hypercorks for $40, so it cost me $20 for the rod.

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FISH520

• Charter Member
  • HERE FISHY FISHY
Re: Halo Daylite series rod
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

Does it have the same bright colors gen 2? Most of the rods they put out are very LOUD with color.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »

Here are some pictures

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

cortman

• Charter Member
  • Obsessive Fisherman
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 07:57:39 PM »

So how does the CQ feel on that rod?

LgMouthGambler

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »

So how does the CQ feel on that rod?
Feels pretty good. I took it out and cast a spook on it a bit this afternoon in a pond at the complex. Feels nice and firm in the hand with the gen 2 Fuji seat. I need to get a fish on the other end to really test it. Had no problems walking a spook with it.

<")))>{

FlatsNBay

• Lunker
  • Go Noles!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 06:16:56 AM »

I bought the Daylite2 7-6 flipping stick last year. After using it for a while, it's just ok for me. It feels a little heavy in the hand. I definitely feel it after using it for a while. Currently it is my back up flipping stick and primary punching stick because of the action. To me it fishes more like an XH then my other flipping stick. Sensitivity is just an ok too compared to my other rods it seems. I hope that the first generation will suit your needs.

kadas

• Charter Member
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 08:31:25 PM »

I have several Gen 1 Halo's. I am like FlatsNBay--they are heavy to use after awhile but I use my 7'6" rods for heavy flipping and punching. I really like the parabolic bend in the rods. No they are not high dollar rods but for what I use mine for which is turning heads on the fish and get it out of the heavy stuff I am pretty happy with them and would not hesitate to purchase another Halo.

WarriorRiverTackle

• Ultimate Basser
  • Fishin' Alabama
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »

I've got one. It's a spinner bait rod for me. I rarely throw them, so it works. I too found them on sale a few years ago, I think they were 2 for $80.
Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Monster Fishing Tactle is the best place to buy your tackle needs Check them out online

When Bass Fishing Is More than Just a Hobby - Dobyns Rods

The most innovative and technologically advanced fishing rod blanks on the planet

Get Chomped at Mega Chomp Lure Company and Get The Best Baits for your Money

QUICK LINKS
UB Home
Main Forum
Welcome
Dock Talk
Techniques
Rods and Reels
Tackle Box
Catch of the Day
UB Contests
Tips and Ideas
Sponsor Connection
Fishing Reports
Charter Members Only
Bass Fishing Classified Ads
Boats 4 Sale

BECOME A
CHARTER MEMBER
SUPPORT UB

Find out about the contests before everyone else and know about the latest news first

Page Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 35 queries.